Diving with one fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dolphin kick works best, but you can still flutter. I've done more than one dive with one fin. I do recommend you get extra straps, and I even keep an extra set of fins in my bag for some trips.

"We saw a guy who only had one arm, but he was unable to dive as he said he kept rolling over"

I have a dive buddy who lost both legs and one arm in Viet Nam. Ted is a great diver.

I just remembered that I dove with a diver with no fins one time. He was a paraplegic. He belonged to a dive group of people with disabilities. The group apparently schedules trips all over and arranges for DMs and Instructors to be there who have experience with divers with disabilities. This guy was getting ready to go to Maui on one of those trips I believe. I guess if you're weighted right, you can get all the propulsion you need (if there is no current) with just your hands.

Diver0001 once bubbled...

Excellent website. Excellent divers, Excellent video, and perhaps most importantly, excellent taste in music.

The ice diving video rocks.

R..

I can't get them to play properly, they keep stopping every couple of seconds and I have to keep clicking on play again

:confused:

I know it has already been mentioned, but this kick is something that you can practice in any pool (with or without gas). After doing my laps, i would take a breath and do a length or two u/w with this kick (no fins, sure i would go a lot further with them on!), at least twice my speed for breaststroke, about as quick as crawl, certainly a quick and rythmic stroke! Just keep making the wave.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom