Diving with Subway but staying in Westend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smer

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am planning on returing to Westend in June or July. Usually I just dive with one of the ops in Westend. I love the ease of staying so close to the dive ops and the overall vibe of Westend. However, I have been reading so many good things about Subway and am particularly interested in seeing some of the dive sites around the island, not just around Westend and Westbay. I see that Subway has several locales but are not based in Westend. Has anyone had the experience doing a week of 3 tanks daily dives with Subway while staying in Westend? Or, are Westenders just doing a day or two with Subway to round out their diving with other ops? Does Subway pick up from Westend or do I need a car/take cab? I will ask Subway these Q's as well, but I'd be grateful for some advice from those with experience.

I asked Subway your question about how to stay in West End but dive with them and they said I'd have to get a ride to them (~ 20 minutes).

SteveFass:
I asked Subway your question about how to stay in West End but dive with them and they said I'd have to get a ride to them (~ 20 minutes).

Well worth the bother.

SubWay Watersports is far and away the single best day-dive op on Roatan. Very well run, clean and safe. http://www.subwaywatersports.com/Home_Page/index.htm

A great way to see what the treasure of Roatan is really all about~ the South Side... beyond the siren song of Mary's Place.

Depending upon the timing of your visit Coconut Tree's New boat may be running dives to further dive locations. They will be doing day trips to Utila, Cayos Cachinos, and Various Soutn and East side dive sites. It is more likely to be July than June though

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom