Dixie Divers Memorial Day Weekend Trip to Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

utdivermatt:
What wrecks have you been diving on that you get colder because there is some steel around ya?

Not because of the wreck, because of the depth...... spiegel is supposed to be in about 100 ft of water and possible current..... i can imagine getting a bit cool.

But like i said, mainly because of the jellies.

DawgDiver:
Just my speedo racer. :eyebrow:

Seriously,
Probably my 3/2mm fullsuit. Not that i need it for warmth, except maybe on the wrecks, but i don't like getting stung by jellies.

Okay, post a pic of the speedo and I will tell you whether or not you need to worry about getting stung by jellies:D

denisegg:
Okay, post a pic of the speedo and I will tell you whether or not you need to worry about getting stung by jellies:D

hmmmmmm, i'm afraid since i don't have a pic handy, you'll just have to wait and see on the dive boat....:14:

What was that you said Dawg............dreaming about the Keys.....:D

DawgDiver:
Not because of the wreck, because of the depth...... spiegel is supposed to be in about 100 ft of water and possible current..... i can imagine getting a bit cool.

I was there at the end of the summer last year, and the difference between surface and 90 feet deep was maybe 2 degrees... Assuming its like that year round you wont have a problem...

Thermoclines are for Quarries

DawgDiver:
Anybody know what the weather is like in Alaska???

Sorry, just figured now would be a good time for random comments.:D

I haven't been keeping up with the posts.. :wink:

Michael

philmottrek99and02:
Congrats Michael on the job!

Thanks. I no longer have to make long crazy trips everywhere and I can be home at a reasonable time. It's with the state, so I'm getting paid a little less, but the benefits that come with it make up for that.

I start this coming Monday. :)

Michael

mwhities:
Thanks. I no longer have to make long crazy trips everywhere . . .

Does this mean you could possibly take one last LONG crazy trip the end of May? Someone another than Denise is going to have to claim Frank's gear.

(Glares back at Frank)

Back
Top Bottom