Dixie Divers Memorial Day Weekend Trip to Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What wrecks have you been diving on that you get colder because there is some steel around ya?

I don't think it would be colder because of the steel, but if you penetrated the wreck, the water temp inside the wreck might be a little cooler because it's lack of access to ambient light and lower or no current flow. (at least that's what I'd think of it...)

but I doubt that unless you go down to the engine room (no current movement and totally dark) you'd see much of a difference in temp.

DawgDiver:
Just my speedo racer. :eyebrow:

Seriously,
Probably my 3/2mm fullsuit. Not that i need it for warmth, except maybe on the wrecks, but i don't like getting stung by jellies.

Seriously, you are going to hot in a 3/2 (and I don't mean the same kind of hot as in a speedo):wink: . You will burn up. I wore a 1m and gloves for protection and Andy wore a 1/2m. I still got a little sting on my knee from some fire coral that pierced my wetsuit but nothing bad. There were alot of people diving in just bathing suits, but I'm like you. I still want something on for the protection from scrapes and burns, but you won't need it for warmth.:)

denisegg:
Seriously, you are going to hot in a 3/2 (and I don't mean the same kind of hot as in a speedo):wink: . You will burn up. I wore a 1m and gloves for protection and Andy wore a 1/2m. I still got a little sting on my knee from some fire coral that pierced my wetsuit but nothing bad. There were alot of people diving in just bathing suits, but I'm like you. I still want something on for the protection from scrapes and burns, but you won't need it for warmth.:)

Guess I'll end up in the Corona shorts then.:14:

Get a skin suit or one of the 1mm tilo's. they are $75 bucks or so. A great suit for the money.

I usually wear a 3/2 shortie when in the keys during the summer months.

So? Are we still going? I forgot where were going and where we are staying!
Some one fill me in1

BRANDY:
Some one fill me in1

Affirmative. You, your daughter, Denise and her son, and Seadoggirl are staying at Ocean Pointe Suites. Myself, frank, matt, and howard and son are staying at speargirls condo.

So Dawg I see I finally got that pic of you in the speedo:wink: ...but you could have left the other gear off...I can see the backplate but the knife and shield is a bit of an "over kill":D

BRANDY:
Some one fill me in1

Don't worry about it dude...I got your back.....I'll just show up at your door to pick you up. I'll call you 15 minutes before I get there to give you time to pack your bags and be waiting in the driveway...:D

So we've potentially got room for 5 more divers in speargirl's condo??? Just wondering if I should be giving a heads up in the Looney Bird forum.

Yes, that sounds about right Dawg...

Back
Top Bottom