Do any shops sell tanks on Maui?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KrisB:
Hey Tim,

Have you checked out Maui Dreams in Kihei? I seem to remember seeing a pile of new tanks sitting there when I was on the island in May.

Of course, there's always MDS, but they could just be props for their display, I don't know. :)

Maui Dreams is a great shop, and they have the lowest prices on gear that I've seen on island.

have not checked out Maui Dreams yet - getting ready to do my AOW with B&B in 2 weeks (hopefully) so I may check them out when I do that. Living in Lahaina and Gas prices the way they are I don't drive to Kihei any more than necessary (I consider dives a "necessity" lol)

Tim

Although tanks should come back from hydro in the same condition they went out in, assumptions like that don't mix well with partial pressure blending. Anytime a tank is open and outside your control, especially when you KNOW that they're being filled with something other than hyperfiltered gas, you should be as paranoid as practical. Clean the tank and valves after they come back from hydro - it doesn't cost any more.

Thanks Reefraff,

That answers my question - I'm still waiting for new valves to come for those tanks - so I'll send them in for hydro and ask them to wait on the vis and fill until I get the tanks cleaned again (I didn't know if they used fresh water for every new hydro or just recycled the old water over and over) Once I've got them cleaned again I'll put the new valves in and take them in for their inspection and fill with clean air.

Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom