Do I Need a Wetsuit in Hawaii?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With a complete 5mm you'll be good.
That's the suit the clubs rent.

I dove in a 3mm everything there. If you get too warm you can just flush the suit with water.

Thanks John. Admit that in retirement I neglect to check this stuff out--it's easier to go on SB and just surf around than to wonder when or IF your favourite TV show is on today, this week, or next month....

TV shows? I use the Googles to search. There you go again, misspelling the easy ones like "favorite".

I love these conversations where the answer is anywhere between "You'll be fine with a rash guard" and "I'd recommend 6mil" really goes to show what the difference in cold tolerance there is for different people.

When I was looking for my wetsuit for diving in new england everyone was telling me you need 7mil otherwise you'll be freezing, so that is what I got. Turns out its way too thick for me and I now use a 3mil most of the year and save the 7mil for the winter. Did a Jan dive with 43*f water temp and was very comfortable. Probably could do ice diving and still be comfortable for me (Its on the to do list someday).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom