Do short men wear more gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

....can't say I've noticed that.....I'd rather check out the ladies 'gear', if ya know what I mean......:D

My dive buddy is, well, err, height challanged, or as he says, he's not short just "fun sized". Oh ya his light is bigger than mine.

Last edited:
No, short men don't dive with more gear, they just have less surface area on which to stow it.

Take a pint of water and put it in a pint bottle. Then put that pint of water in a quart bottle.

Get the picture???

the K

My dive buddy is, well, err, height challanged, or as he says, he's not short just "fun sized". Oh ya his light is bigger than mine.

Well I'm not height or rather vertically challanged but I am horizontally challenged:dork2: and I think most of us carry too much gear:( so I'm gonna start supporting the dive naked movement :crafty:

Well I'm not height or rather vertically challanged but I am horizontally challenged:dork2: and I think most of us carry too much gear:( so I'm gonna start supporting the dive naked movement :crafty:

:worthless: :rofl3:

Can't say that I've noticed either but I would think they would just naturally have less room to put things. that being said, I'm with Scubafanatic on this one.
:D
....can't say I've noticed that.....I'd rather check out the ladies 'gear', if ya know what I mean......:D

I'm 5'8" and don't know if that is short or not but I prefer minimalist diving: fins, mask, aluminum back plate, AL 67 tank and regs. Maybe that makes me look taller.

I have always dated woman with big hands...never had a problem and always viewed it as an equal match! :dropmouth:

Just make sure they don't also have big feet and a large adam's apple as well.

:shocked2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom