Do you dive with a compass?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I too have a compass on my computer, and use it on every dive; even if it's for practice. At first I felt like I was looking at it so much that I was missing out on the underwater sights, but it has become more natural with practice.

on the spg, it's easier then bobbing to the surface all the time to find out where your at! hehe:eek:ut:

Yes I dive with a compass on every dive. It’s mounted on my computer consol. I don’t think I have ever made a dive that I didn’t use it for at least general reference.

Dive Safe ……..Arduous

If it is clearly a rec dive, probably not. If I need to get somewhere and there is less than a very clear path/instructions, probably yes.

If I do, wrist mounted will do the job.

Ari :)

Brothers & Sisters of the U/W Realm,

Yes. And Yes to knowing how to use it.

Regards,
Lance Gothic
Shibumi

Yes Suunto SK-7 left wrist and allways .

THAT's what that thing is on the end of my computer!!!!

Yes, I always dive with a compas, but I'm not always quite sure what to do with it. I was getting pretty good, but I guess it went to my head, and I took the lead not to long and over shot the boat.

That was one hell of a surface swim!!

I use the suunto solution alpha on my left wrist. and an electronic depth timer in a councel. and a wrist watch attached to the councel. and a set of us navy tables in my pocket.:mean:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom