Do you dream about diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm pretty luck. Most of the time if I think real hard about something before I sleep or I'm exicited. I can drean about it.
I had many dreams about hiding in the bush with 2 people walking up the path. Popping up and taking them both out. If your lost I'm talking about paintball. Now it's diving. Even though my class didn't start yet. I've seen pleanty of movies, shows, and catalogs to make it work for me.
Can't wait until I hit the water for really. Watch out dream world here I come

Funny this thread should come up...I had my first diving dream in a long time last night. Only, I was diving from the point of view of my dive buddy (maybe my guardian angel?). And, I was wearubg an old wetsuit that I got rid of a long time ago..and free diving fins (any dream analyzers out there??), but I could feel the cool water and everything...very relaxing.

But, I know my boyfriend dreams about diving..cause he talks in his sleep! One night, I swear he tried to teach an entire open water class! (and I quote..."but the regulator in your mouth. Deflate your BC....and we go "bloop, bloop, bloop"...that was the REALLY funny part! Guess you had to hear it!) One night he was all excited about a shark. He woke me up, squirming around, saying "did you see it....its a SHARK". I knew he was looking for his camera. I just bit his arm (gently, of course!), and he shut up real quick and we both could go back to sleep! LOL

Gotta love diving dreams (but, this is why I hide ALL spear guns!!)

yes, often, usually before a diving day.

Somehow the viz in my dreams is always better than the real one though :(

:mean:

I daydream, night dream, and I guess just dream all the time about diving. Most of the time it is with all my Mermaid friends and my Shark pals. I guess I just love the water way to much and can't get enough of diving.

Rich :mean:

P.S. I hope I never stop dreaming, and it would be nice to meet the mermaids I dream about too :)

I find I dream about diving after I scuba dive. After a deep dive on nitrox 28 going to 120 feet during the night I was dreaming I was scuba diving and nearly swam off the bed. It was very vivid even had the silt from the wreck I was in. I was glad I didn't swim off the bed and hit my head on the floor.

5 days short of 7 years.

Is that a record or am I dreaming?

I saw this thread and had to chuckle. I've contemplated starting a, "Do you dream about diving?" thread many times. I have 'em all the time, and all pleasurable. I was surprized to hear how many people have bad diving dreams. I used to downhill ski (which I kinda gave up for diving - only so much $ to go around) and used to dream about skiing all the time. Now it's dive dreams.

My brain tortures me. I ALMOST dream about diving. I'll be on a boat in the Philippines in perfect conditions...and I can't find my reg, or something that prevents me from getting in the water.
Same with surfing. I'll be on the beach looking at perfect 6 foot barrels...and I can't find my board..or shorts.
Let's not even go to dreaming about women and s**...

Greetings Luv2dive, very good thread. I find myself dreaming, thinking and generally being in a dream. Sounds really strange but true. When work gets really unbearable what gets me through those impossible days.....diving! IF you eat, sleep, train, research, watch youtube diving videos, and drive down the road imagining diving landscapes you are totally obsessed. I say WELCOME TO MY WORLD! I have really tried to not think about it so much but then I dream these really detailed incredible dives.
The only bad ones so far were during OW training when I was struggling with mask skills. There was one where I was bitten by a shark and tried to convince my buddy that it was not the sharks fault. Yes not really logical but hey it was a dream.
It is amazing how are brains convince us while we are dreaming. I try to mentally gear up before I go to bed every night thus I have a bad diving dream! Always dive safe even in your dreams! Sorry I had to say that. Nighty night.....diver down!
Cam G Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

My brain tortures me. I ALMOST dream about diving. I'll be on a boat in the Philippines in perfect conditions...and I can't find my reg, or something that prevents me from getting in the water.
Same with surfing. I'll be on the beach looking at perfect 6 foot barrels...and I can't find my board..or shorts.
Let's not even go to dreaming about women and s**...

I could not pass this one up. You do realize you can surf naked, right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom