• All the info is in my dive computer

Votes: 42 9.2%
  • There is no use for a dive log

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Updated frequently but not signed

Votes: 139 30.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisherdvm:
And does someone actually look at it??
No.
I find it funny that no one cares to look at my dive log, they just want my C card. I consider that silly.
Why - you're certified, you should be able to dive - if it's an "advanced dive" often an advanced cert is required (or a dive log on rare occasion.

Do you fill it out, and actually have your buddies sign it??
I add some details on my log software fom UWATEC that came with my dive computer.

It seems like seasoned divers (greater than 400 dives) don't do it. And the ones that do, do it for the sake of the wildlife they've seen.
I still know some who log EVERY DIVE on paper (and many who don't at all)

Does anyone actually verify the signatures??
not mine

How do you sign your solo dives?? God is my buddy??
i don't think i'm allowed to answe that on scubaboard :wink:

I have under 30 dives LOL but I do have all of them logged. I like to look back and see what I have done....and also if I do a dive again I like to look at any notes that I may have put down for that dive.

i keep a dive log of each dive, but nobody signs it

So far, my diving experience is so varied (40 degrees [briefly] in a local quarry to 80+ degrees, in surface temperatures that varied from 60 degrees to near 100 degrees). I need to be able to refer to what exposure gear, weights, etc. I used under particular conditions in order to be able to gauge what I need for the next new situation without too much experimentation. (If I get sent somewhere near water for work, I try to get in it - so where I dive depends on where I get sent.)

I try to get buddy signatures, have names for all of them, but may have missed one or two actual signatures. I suspect the signatures will be the first to go as I get more experienced.

I quit logging fun dives after about 300 when I lost all my log books, I kept a training log book when teaching so the students saw me doing it so I wasn't teaching "Do as I say"

As A DM on a live aboard I would sign books all the time and when checking Cert's I whould ask when and where was you last dive and what kind of diving do you do and I would look at peoples logs if they brought them. I figured if someone took the time to fill it out I should be looking at it.

When teaching DM's and Inst's we would have to check your log to make sure you had the required dives needed for the class.

I can't vote in this, becuase you haven'y listed my preference. I always update my log after the end of every dive day, but no one signs anything. Most of my dives are solo anyway.

FD (wishing it was "comrade stroke")

Mine's up-to-date, unsigned, and on paper and also on Divelog 4.0 software on my PC.

I like how a good dive computer can log a lot of the info. automatically.

Reliving the details of dives later is fun. In software, you can attach photos of the site & aquatic life (if you've got a camera housing), which adds to the pleasure.

Richard.

Almost all of my dives are logged. Once I finish my IE, I'll probably stop. Till then...

Yes - always fill out the log book. It's great to be able to go back and remember dives and be able to check water temp depth etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom