Do you wear a wetsuit in the Cancun area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kryssa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are going to Cancun in November and this will be our first trip down there since being certified. We did our DSD there last year without a wetsuit and now I am wondering if that is the norm.

So while in Cancun in November would you wear a wetsuit? If so, what thickness?

Thanks!

Hi Ben! I think I will bring a 3mm along with me. So excited to be out of a dry suit! Do you see any jellyfish in the water? I like the protection element because I am scared of them- bad experiences at the Jersey Shore as a kid :)

Call me a wuss..but I always bring down a 3/2 full wetsuit

I use a Henderson full microprene (1MM) and my lady used a 3MM and was still a bit cold. She was tip top in a 5MM but she has a low tolerance for being "chilled."

I always dive with the minimum of a full skin. Usually a full wetsuit. There are a lot of things in the ocean and to me it's always best to protect yourself (including your hands) whenever diving.

A 3mil for me the wife uses a 5 mil even at that can still get cold after an hour especially if you are only drifting with very little physical activity

Back
Top Bottom