Does Nikon make a digital Nikonos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slackercruster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does Nikon make a digital Nikonos? I've looked for one and can't find any.

My old Sealife with housing leaked after a just a few uses. I bought a SL reefmaster mini to replace it, but would prefer a Nikonos.

Nope, as far as I know the last Nikonos made was the RS which was the first autofocus lens model. All the Nikonos were 35mm film.

Some one should build a digital back for it...hint...hint...

If I would buy a compact now, I think I would go for the Sea&Sea systems... They are pretty close to old Nikonos in versatility.

I definitely agree Marcelo. The new S&S 1200HD is a fantastic compact camera. Lots of bang for the buck and produces a very nice image.

I definitely agree Marcelo. The new S&S 1200HD is a fantastic compact camera. Lots of bang for the buck and produces a very nice image.

Unless I am missing something.. I don't see any RAW mode on that S&S 1200HD. What a shame, looks like it would be a nice choice but the lack of RAW support is a real problem.

StorageMedia

File format(still image) JPEG(DCF), EXIF 2.2, DPOF 1.1, PictBridge 1.0
File format(movie clip) MOV(MPEG-4 SP)
File format(voice recording) WAV
Internal memory: Approx. 16MB flash memory
External memory: SD / MMC / SDHC (up to 8GB)

No, but if they ever make a digital Nikonos that looks, feels, handles, shoots like the Nikonos III then I am in for one or two.

N

No, but if they ever make a digital Nikonos that looks, feels, handles, shoots like the Nikonos III then I am in for one or two.

N

The Nike III is a true submarine and has taken photos down to 300 feet.

Now a Nik III sized body with a 10 meg databack, good size sensor, and able to take all the Nike glass would be a thing of beauty.

Come back to the film side. Still using my Nik V here, as is my dive buddy, though he is still using SB-103 flashes to my SB-105s!

Come back to the film side. Still using my Nik V here, as is my dive buddy, though he is still using SB-103 flashes to my SB-105s!

Does your dive buddy know Nikon recalled the SB-103s for safety
reasons and replaced them with SB-105s? Dunno if he can still do
the swap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom