Doing my DM & Instructors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info. Really helpful. Although I can't see many people agreeing with #6 as I've had many Divemasters with cameras leading the group.
In Africa, we had one Divemaster using a camera the entire time. I can tell you that a lot of the divers in his group were very upset about it. They even talked about not tipping him.

People will complain about anything and everything. As long as the DM isn't taking the photo and then moving the group on, or focusing all his attention on photography, I see no big deal.

A Divemaster should not be using a camera unless there are other divemasters sufficient to the number of customers who are actually leading and monitoring the dive. The only exception would be a mounted Gopro or equivalent that you turn on and forget. Anything else and you are cheating your customers by not giving them your full attention. On another note, you are going to be generally worthless as an instructor until you've worked a year as a divemaster.

Well seriously, if you do your divemaster and instructor certs within a month, what wisdom are you going to have to impart to your students? Unless you have a history of working in the industry, you won't know the "nuts and bolts" of what it takes to produce good divers and good dives.

Seriously, keep painting the whole world with a black and white brush.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom