http://www.diveheart.org/

Donate to Ukraine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My recommendation would be to not pass this off to the Mods here at scubaboard, but for those who want to contribute to find a local church or charity and donate to them. Whether the donation is money or materiel, the fastest response will be one that is already set up logistically.
Makes sense.

I get people wanting to give stuff. I guess it feels more concrete. Cash donations are the way to go. In many cases, that also supports the local economy of the country overseas where the supplies are purchased. Probably a lot in Poland.

I would recommend folks in the US do NOT donate through the American Red Cross. They have a known history of not using donations for the US disaster they were designated for, such as California wildfire victims.
This.

As a certified Wildland FF / Medic and someone who has dealt with the ARC at Hurricanes, Ground Zero and elsewhere. I too would not send the ARC any money that would only go to their bloated budget, cushy offices and high staff salaries, etc.

Money well spent would be your choice of Food (World Central Kitchen), Medical supplies / IFAK’s for the front line fighters in my postings and the post above that is asking for certain Military related items like Combat boots, Uniforms, and other field gear. That is what is needed at the moment to push the Russians back.

Donated to WCK and Ukraine Crisis Relief through Global Giving. Highly rated and respected charities sending the donations to where they are needed. Ukraine Crisis Relief Fund

I also looked into a number of groups soliciting on FB and the ARC, Catholic Charities, etc. are ones to be avoided. There are some Ukrainian churches working to send money and goods and those I would trust. Charity Navigator helps to sort the scams and skimmers.

If it's still possible to do this perhaps you can list what goes in these kits if it's not obvious, I have no idea.

All items to be purchased at Walmart or you can try a Dollar store also particularly for the gauze items. The goal is 10,000 IFAKs. The cost to assemble the contents listed below for each kit should not exceed $10.

IFAK for Ukraine Front Line Fighters Content List

Triple Anti Biotic Ointment (Equate) Walmart House Brand $.88

4 Butterfly Closures or Sterile Strips

2 pairs vinyl gloves ( should be Large or Extra Large), perhaps 1 Pr. Large & 1 Pr. XL

2 Extra Large Surgical Dressings or Maxi Pads

6 Large H.D. Band Aids

3. 4” X 4” Gauze pads

1 Roll 2” Rolled Gauze

1 Roll 2” Self adhering Bandage (Coban)

contents can be placed in a shrink wrapped bag or if you do not have a Vacumn sealer put them in a one quart zip loc bag and they will be shrink wrapped later.

Completed kits can be mailed to:

Meest America Clifton
FBO: Razom For Ukraine
775 Bloomfield Ave. Suite # 1B
Clifton, N.J. 07012

If you are located in N.J. area and would prefer not to ship, the above office hours are: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM

If you are located in Las Angelas California and would prefer not to pay shipping and instead to spend that money on First Aid supplies, contact me offline and I will arrange for you to drop them off in person and they will get into the right hands.

If you would rather not assemble kits and would prefer to make a donation. I am working on the Who, how and where for those donations to be made, stand by for further details. Thank you for your support.

All items to be purchased at Walmart or you can try a Dollar store also particularly for the gauze items. The goal is 10,000 IFAKs. The cost to assemble the contents listed below for each kit should not exceed $10.

IFAK for Ukraine Front Line Fighters Content List

Triple Anti Biotic Ointment (Equate) Walmart House Brand $.88

4 Butterfly Closures or Sterile Strips

2 pairs vinyl gloves ( should be Large or Extra Large), perhaps 1 Pr. Large & 1 Pr. XL

2 Extra Large Surgical Dressings or Maxi Pads

6 Large H.D. Band Aids

3. 4” X 4” Gauze pads

1 Roll 2” Rolled Gauze

1 Roll 2” Self adhering Bandage (Coban)

contents can be placed in a shrink wrapped bag or if you do not have a Vacumn sealer put them in a one quart zip loc bag and they will be shrink wrapped later.

Completed kits can be mailed to:

Meest America Clifton
FBO: Razom For Ukraine
775 Bloomfield Ave. Suite # 1B
Clifton, N.J. 07012

If you are located in N.J. area and would prefer not to ship, the above office hours are: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM

If you are located in Las Angelas California and would prefer not to pay shipping and instead to spend that money on First Aid supplies, contact me offline and I will arrange for you to drop them off in person and they will get into the right hands.

If you would rather not assemble kits and would prefer to make a donation. I am working on the Who, how and where for those donations to be made, stand by for further details. Thank you for your support.

Thanks a bunch for weighing in, most helpful.

As for the EMT shears donation. Perhaps look into buying a box/case direct from the Manufacturer. Maybe the Shears Manufacturer would like to donate some product ?Maybe send them an email and explain where their scissors will be going and maybe they will contribute in one form or another ? Thanks.

Thanks a bunch for weighing in, most helpful.

You and the other people who are donating are most helpful.
I am merely facilitating for the cause.

BTW, this group of California based Doctors will be sending combat medicine Instructors to the combat zone to teach a condensed combat medicine course. Right now, their goals are two fold.

Make and distribute 10,000 IFAKs
Train 1,000 combat Medics

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom