donsol whalesharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi pughio83,

I am assuming that you realize that it is snorkel and mask only in Donsol Bay? Scuba is not allowed in the bay itself.

For sure stay in Donsol. Hernandez and Santiago lodging houses are the cheapest and quite nice. Donsol is kind of a neat town.

I have had the pleasure of visiting Donsol a dozen times - hera is a bit of info about an 8 day trip in May

Whale Shark update Donsol – May | Philippines

As mentioned above the Amor Farms is quite a nice place to stay about a half kilometer from the tour center.

Here is another trip one time when I was riding my motorcycle down from Manila

Donsol Detour – Whale Shark Watching | Philippines

cheers

dp

Spotting whalesharks is more iffy in Sogod bay and as already stated above the water there is crystal clear. If you want a 100 percent guarantee of seeing the whale sharks it would be best to go to Donsol in Feb or March.

I have seen them in Donsol every month from November til April but was skunked several times too.

I never did see one in Sogod but saw a nice manta which was pretty cool to me. Here is the story on that.

Whale shark spotting in southern Leyte | Philippines

dp

Since you are a diver, don't missed diving in Manta bowl and in San Miguel. Vitton is our partner, our diveshop is located in Vitton.
You may contact us before going to Donsol. Above mentioned are very helpful to you.
But if you would like a tour operator's help, I recommend you to visit this site: Home - Whaleshark Adventure & Tours

Cheers! :)

Back
Top Bottom