Don't be that guy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could be worse ... you could end up swimming into the aftermath of a Warhammer ... :shocked:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Sometimes it's like peeing-------when you gotta go, you gotta go........Now saying that, I've never been seasick in over 250 trips offshore(30+ miles out in the GoM), but that's what I hear........

I would rather be chummed by a yutz than landed on by a mishiguna.

At the beginning of the dive and then be hammered by the maneuver.

NWGD,

Unfortunately had that experience too! Twice Once while raising (leveling) house boats on Lake Union and repairing flex sewer lines and then again on toilet fish reef in Pago Pago Harbor in American Samoa. Looked like someone TP'd the reef.

Diver 85,

Funny if the urge was so sudden why didn't he just sit there and puke all over himself. He managed to get himself up and over to SOME side of the boat. Oh and I often have the sudden urge to pee in the water but I would definetly consider NOT wizzing on my boat mates.

Isn't that why they have bags on airplanes.

Assuming everyone is doggin it at work or is just bored, let's keep this low class post going and see where it goes.

44 degrees and raining, I'm going diving. Peace Out !!

I once puked on another diver & I am still glad I did it. It was rough day so I set up to go and drop as soon as the pool was open, so I was up and going. The other diver saw me coming and stood in the gate to block me & for the next several minutes proceeded to check every gauge, snap, strap, valve, quick-connect, & buckle; then adjusted his fins & put them on before giant striding in. I promptly moved to the gate in time to puke when he turned to to signal the boat.

It still gives me warm fuzzies. :D

Never been seasick and don't know if I would be. I started taking motion sickness pills the day before the first time I ever dove/dived and take them on every trip out. I ain't takin' no chances with this stuff. I've seen too many people who thought that they were impervious to it puke all over themselves and the deck before finding the side of the boat and then laying around on the boat for two hours while everyone else enjoyed themselves.

You'd think this is something so basic that doesn't require explanation.

The problem is that people who require the explanation just don't get it, even after is being told.

As far as I'm concerned it totally eliminates any potential for compassion or consideration to the fact they feel horrible.
I don't remember all the time, but when I do I take along a can or two of squid on its own ink. I happen to love that stuff and most people without sea legs don't care for it. If they lack the common sense to throw-up away from people or property, they get to hurl some extra after getting a good whiff of that tasty treat.

I used to know a quartermaster that would smoke cigars and open a can of smoked oysters when the weather would get rough and there was a newbie on the bridge. The newbie on the bridge would gag a couple times and run out the door hurling over the side cursing him. He got a good chuckle off of it. Except for one guy, he gagged a couple times and held it down, the quartermaster took a drag off his cigar and blew it right in the guys face. From what I heard, the guy looked the quatermaster in the the eye and shot a projectile vomit that covered the quartermaster from head to toe, everybody was outside puking after that.

I was sititng next to a guy on a dive boat. On the other side of him was the open door and open ocean.

He said he was getting sea sick. I few minutes later he turned towards me and vomited all over me. Fortunately, that sort of think doesn't bother me, and I was going diving anyway.

But why didn't he turn the other way and vomit overboard?

It's only puke. Could be worse. I've been covered with puke, urine and stool and, believe me, I'll take puke over urine or stool any day.

Could be worse, much much worse.
Let's just say that boats without septic tanks should lock the damn lavatories when anchored at the dive sites. :yuck:

Could be worse, much much worse.
Let's just say that boats without septic tanks should lock the damn lavatories when anchored at the dive sites. :yuck:

I wish there was a "don't like" button. :errrr:

Back
Top Bottom