Double Hose Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba446

Reaction score
Anyone know of some web sites who feature pictures and historical info on the Aqua Lung, Voits, etc?

I'm interested in their history, what mfgrs made them, when they made them, etc.

Thanks,

Never thought my AquaLung would be worth that much! Althought I don't dive it any more, I keep it just because. I still have my old Dacor mask, fins and wetsuit...... You guessed it, all in black. :tree: Bob

Check out the back issues of the Historical Diving Society, and their web site too. They do have some info on double hose regulators. I also have some if you want to contact me off-line.

Historical Diving Society Back Issues

SeaRat

What are some ballpark prices for double hose regulators in collectable condition? Obviously popularity, rarity and condition are factors, but I've seen the same regs from $200 to $550...

DA, Navy, 1955: $250. DA Aquamaster, square label chrome: $190. AM, round label: $150. Royal Aquamaster, square label: $300, Royal, round label, $200. Mistral: $150, Royal Mistral: $350, DX Overpressure, 1955, $550. Dacor Dial a Breath: $150. Dacor Clipper: $150. Healthways Scuba: $110. Healthways Divair, plastic $150. Healthways Divair, brass or aluminum:$200-250. Northill Airlung: $250. Scott Hydropac: $350. Norse Viking: $800. Voit 50 fathom: $150. Voit Navy: $200.

Do you have a reference for those prices? Some of them seem a lot lower than what I see these sell for, especially the US Divers.

There is no reference. If PBS's traveling antique show ever gets around to doing diving gear I would guess that an Aquamaster would be appraised at 3-4 thousand dollars.

mint Royal Aquamasters and Mistrals would go for $500 or more on eBay, and mint Divairs of any type would go for substantially more. I've never seen a mint Northhill, but even pretty beat up models bring $350-400. A mint Scott Hydropac recently sold for $1,200, and a mint Norseman/Viking...well, the sky's the limit!

In any event, I only know eBay prices. Where do you find these regs, pescador775? I want to have a look myself!

Yes, you're right, some regs have gone for exceptional prices. I remember the Scott hydropac being advertised for that price but don't remember it being sold. I've seen others go for much less. A new Aquamaster in box could fetch $250. Pug sold his Royal Mistral (mint) for about $450. However, it was bid up by an eccentric Japanese collector. Some regulators have sold for more $ due to presentation. Sometimes there is a sales receipt saying that J. Cousteau was the original owner. (G) Also, you have to ask yourself how many of those are deadbeat bidders. BTW. the most expensive R Aquamaster is the gold commemorative, 1965, $3000.

Edit: I should mention that the Hydropac was a complete system including tank and harness and was NEW. Also, I should scale up the price for the Norse Viking a bit, they are quite rare and can fetch premium prices. Finally, so as not to misrepresent anything, I'm going to edit my original post to read 'good condition' as opposed to 'mint'. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom