Downsizing dry gloves...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool, good luck finding a pair that work for you. I need to grab some myself, the black gloves I'm using now are just too dark to signal effectively.

Go with the 660 or 620 with your own liner, and you'll be much happier. My recommendation is the Mountain Hardware power stretch gloves.

If you wear a men's medium glove, you'll be looking at the Atlas Large to compensate for liner. I have both sizes available in 660 and 620 is you want to try out.

Hey Don,

Thanks so much for the offer, I will take you up on borrowing the Large set of Atlas gloves since I'm diving Wed.

I will send you a PM for picking them up...

MG

I had a problem with glove sizing, I tried all the variations of atlas gloves from seamar. I ended up with blue gloves from lowes. The lowes gloves are slightly narrower than the 495's and the fingers are a little shorter, you will need your own liners though. I have been using them for a year now and just put a hole in one hand (this was doing a out of air drill with eyes closed and with an entanglement thrown in, inside of a wreck) I think I may have grabbed something sharp and not known it:wink:. I would also like to add these gloves and any other PVC dipped gloves are very easy to repair with some PVC primer and cement.

I had a problem with glove sizing, I tried all the variations of atlas gloves from seamar. I ended up with blue gloves from lowes. The lowes gloves are slightly narrower than the 495's and the fingers are a little shorter, you will need your own liners though. I have been using them for a year now and just put a hole in one hand (this was doing a out of air drill with eyes closed and with an entanglement thrown in, inside of a wreck) I think I may have grabbed something sharp and not known it:wink:. I would also like to add these gloves and any other PVC dipped gloves are very easy to repair with some PVC primer and cement.

So nice to know Lowes has some gloves that may work. Always nice to try before you buy. :D

I got the opportunity to dive the 620 Atlas gloves (orange) in size medium. Placing them on the Si-tech rings, just a snap.

However my right glove sprung a leak from the cuff during my valve drills. I feel the blue 660 Atlas are much tougher and should hold better against stress.

Has anyone had issues with the orange gloves going weak so soon on stress related issues with performance?

Interested in finding out more.

Thanks,

MG

Mike, Those two tiny holes looked like factory defects or perhaps staple holes.

Blue gloves are tripple dipped, orange double dipped. So blue are stronger. But one of my orange Atlas gloves has lasted 180+ of our local dives, the other about 100+ and both are still diving fine at the moment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom