dry glove system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

image.jpg

As you can see they fit differently from the ones that come with the rings:

View attachment 183113

As you can see they fit differently from the ones that come with the rings:

the orange ones are the double dipped (more flexible ones) than the blue ones. I have 2 problems with the lined gloves like these. First the lining takes forever to dry out - almost requiring you turn them inside out (a pain). Second I have had a number of pinhole leaks from sand rubbing at the ring/glove area. The more exposed the edge of the glove the more likely a problem. That said I have never used the triple dipped as they are too inflexible for me.

I am experimenting with some 15 mil nitrile unlined gloves (McMaster-Carr) and liked them on the 2 dives I used them. Since they are unlined they dry inside very fast and putting them on with liners (on your hand) is very easy. The glove is pretty thin (22 mil ones might be better) but easily takes whatever liner you want. The only problem I had was since the glove was so thin I had to fold the cuff over 4 times to get the larger SiTech glove retaining ring to hold it. I tried these on the advice of another local diver who has used them for over 100 dives with no leaks. They are certainly cheap enough to experiment with. Since I now know which size I prefer I might even try the 22 mil when these start to break. Can't say I'm recommending them.... yet.

10294418_10202399450201628_7330626345748891222_n.jpg

image.jpg

There is no exposed edge of the glove with the Kubis, the edge of the glove is on the inside. I'm currently using some thicker 660Ds and they seem to be holding up quite well. I'm not sure I understand when you say your gloves need to be turned inside out to dry my gloves have never gotten wet inside and are always bone dry. How are your gloves getting wet inside? Cheers.

I understand when you say your gloves need to be turned inside out to dry my gloves have never gotten wet inside and are always bone dry. How are your gloves getting wet inside? Cheers.

Mostly sweat or taking them off and back on a small boat. That and they get totally wet when I clean them at home.

Not familiar with the Kubis system unless it is the really high priced and very low profile metal system. I have heard very good things about that system, but can't afford it myself.

As for the exposed edge: The SiTech is no more exposed. But I have found several pinhole that I think are from sand. I beach dive mostly.

Mostly sweat or taking them off and back on a small boat. That and they get totally wet when I clean them at home.

Not familiar with the Kubis system unless it is the really high priced and very low profile metal system. I have heard very good things about that system, but can't afford it myself.

As for the exposed edge: The SiTech is no more exposed. But I have found several pinhole that I think are from sand. I beach dive mostly.

Ok, I understand cheers. I wear some silk liners and some thin merino wool gloves over the top and haven't noticed any sweating. I clean mine with wrist opening facing down, as per photo, and although do get a splash or two inside they dry out pretty quickly. Yes, they are the expensive aluminum ring set. I like them a lot, so far no leaks, appear very robust and after using once or twice very easy to open and close. I am a very small guy and liked that they are much smaller in diameter than the Sitechs.

Back
Top Bottom