Dry Gloves & Cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unless your hands get cold, try sliding your seals higher up on our wrist before your invest in dry gloves.. Extreme case, your seals will end up halfway up your forearm.
As GratefulDiver said, your tendons can create leak points when you manipulate your fingers. Some people create a very big gouge in their forearm when they move fingers, creating huge leak-points in their seals.

Unless your hands get cold, try sliding your seals higher up on our wrist before your invest in dry gloves.. Extreme case, your seals will end up halfway up your forearm.
As GratefulDiver said, your tendons can create leak points when you manipulate your fingers. Some people create a very big gouge in their forearm when they move fingers, creating huge leak-points in their seals.

Yes, thanks. I plan to do that when I dive on Sunday. The water temperatures here are still relatively warm (last weekend we had around 18C/ 60F), so it won't hurt to try pulling the seal back for now. It's not going to be a great solution when I'm diving in 7C/ 45F water next summer, though.

I have extremely small wrists and very pronounced tendons. Don't bother with tubes any more, just make a fist and the tendons provide a path for air. You may find that if you have a leaking problem then you won't have to worry about "glove embolism or squeeze" if you go to dry gloves.

Thinking about simple physics, that might not be a good idea, since if the glove becomes pressurized, it might not bleed the pressure back off as you try to squeeze your tendons, but instead the pressure can just push the seal against the skin, keeping it sealed.

Thinking about simple physics, that might not be a good idea, since if the glove becomes pressurized, it might not bleed the pressure back off as you try to squeeze your tendons, but instead the pressure can just push the seal against the skin, keeping it sealed.

Pretty low pressure in a dry glove. Hasn't been a problem and I gave up putting tubes in several years ago.

do you put these on then slide through your wrist seal? Price is sure right!

No ... that would leak rather badly.

Dry gloves require a ring set. Most ring sets come with two rings per hand ... one you mount on the drysuit wrist seal, the other you mount on the glove. When donning your gloves, there will be a way to lock the two together, with an o-ring providing a seal. Some folks prefer dryglove rings that only mount to the wrist seal, and use a "stretchy" rubber glove (like the kind you use for washing dishes) that only sits on the ring surface, using the flex tension of the glove to provide the seal. I don't believe the Atlas gloves shown in the picture would be appropriate for that type of system, as they're not at all "stretchy".

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I tried pulling the wrist seals further up my arm yesterday -- no luck. It might have leaked a little bit less, but not really noticeably so. And they left lines on my arms after a fairly short dive, so I'm thinking any further back and they'd be far too tight. I'll just have to live with wet forearms until I get dry gloves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom