Dry Suit-Crotch squeeze

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all thoses responses. To answer some of your questions, I wear fleece undergarments, but just one layer. I dive in N. California and that keeps me nice and warm. I doesn't happen at my safty stop, but at the surface when I'm swinmming in. And I do stay horizonal at my safty stop and indeed the entire dive.
I belive the problem is that my drysuit is to short fo me. I'm 6'1 165lbs, which on the whites size chart put me in the MT catagory, which is what I have. The next group up LT is for 6'1 to 6'3 and 180lbs to 200lbs.
Here are the other symptoms that makes me think my suit is to short. Hard to put on, can't reach zipper on shoulder even though it's a "self-donning" drysuit. Whereas most people add 6 to 10 of weight when they switch to dry I added 4. Unable to reach my first stage when diving (for reg recouvery drills).
Has any one else had then problem? and more importantly what can I do about it?

I have a front (diagonal) entry drysuit, and the one time I had the misfortunate experience alluded to above, it was because I didn't do "the Picard maneuver" and tug down on the hem of the top. The telescoping section didn't lay properly, and the dive was quite discomfortable.

Ever since, I always pull the legs up first, don the top, and then make doubly-sure the middle is how it's supposed to be. (The sumo move is also useful, but I use it much more in wetsuits than in drysuits.)

Mordax:
I'm a new drysuit diver, and have been experiencing a painful squeeze in my, uh, crotch. Are then any other guys out there who have had this problem? I generally find briefs very uncomfortable, but is that what most guys wear when diving dry? The problem is most serious at the surface, usually at the end of the dive, when I'm doing normal fin kicks. Because of the slight angle I'm swimming at I am unable to get air down to my waist. Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.

If you stay horizontal, nothing will squeeze.

Terry

If I horizontal at the surface, and my head is out of the water, then so are my fins. Even when I swin face down with my head in the water, with no angle, I get the squeeze, or perhaps pinch is a better description. But like I said I think it's to short.

:rofl3: :rofl3: id like to see you try.

Spratman:
You could try putting the boys in a vise and then gradually work up to crush pressure, then it wouldn't bother you at all. Or what the others suggestions are....

sorry. as you were...

please carry on.

Here we go...

Get a goood friend to help you with this, temporary "incomfort" but years of pain free diving...:wink:

Attachments

• Burdizzo.jpg
    Burdizzo.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 116
texdiveguy:
With that Depends diaper you don't feel a thing except warm. :eyebrow:
Waaaay too much information brah.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom