Dry suit diving: BCD vs suit for bouyancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use my suit. I've not taken a drysuit course. Rather, I learned from other drysuit divers who do the same.

Things that make you go "Hmmmm...???"

:eyebrow:

i don't even hook my power inflator to my ds. I tried using it for bouyancy control and because i dive heavy, the air i needed to ascend built pressure up around my neck seal - felt like i was choking to death.

w.t.f.?????

I'm not even sure which of the several "w.t.f." parts of the statement you are saying w.t.f. to!

e) All of the Above

well i don't....:D

You must not dive very deep, since you can't change the laws of physics ... and body hickies aren't much fun ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Things that make you go "Hmmmm...???"

I will note that the only local instructor who I would have considered taking a drysuit course through would probably refuse to teach a drysuit course :p

yep, I'll prob get another "W.T.F.!" - but I dove a DS for years before I even knew there WAS a DS course - funny incident - we were DS diving with horse collar BC's....my partner bent down and reached under to hook the crotch strap on his BC and inadvertantly hooked a fold in his DS crotch instead...stood up and hook tore into the DS...he didn't realize his "situation" until he splashed and a jet stream of 30 degree water hit him in the "boys"....claimed he was impotent for a week...couldn't find 'things' for two days....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom