Dry Suit Dryer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ericfine50

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys,

Anyone have any good ideas on how to make a dry suit dryer? Or anyone have tips they use? I currently have a CF 200 and it takes forever to dry. I just hang it up in the bathroom.

Thanks
Eric

Well at my store ("Plongée sous-marine Nautilus") in Québec, Canada, they made a dryer out of plastic pipes. The pipes are vertical and some hot air flows through them. We then just have to lay the drysuit, head first, on 2 pipes until the foot reach the top end of the pipes so the air flows entirely through the legs and the suit. It's very ingenious (Hey! We invented the ski-doo you know :))

I hope you'll understand. Tell me if it is not the case.

Thanks,

I get it. What do you use for a hot air blower?

Thanks
Eric

Ill take informations from the store and will talk you back about this before the end of the week.

Originally posted by ericfine50
Thanks,

I get it. What do you use for a hot air blower?

Thanks
Eric

I have built the ultimate dry suit dryer! It is truly a thing of beauty, a jury-rig masterpiece of PVC married to leaf-blower! It'll dry a fully flooded neoprene drysuit in less than half an hour!
Two vertical pipes for the legs, two horizontal pipes for the arms, all precision drilled (I used the burner cans in jet engines as a model) (inside joke) with holes to give a uniform dispersion of the airflow to the entire inside surface of the suit...
Yesssss.. you should see it... a thing of beauty. :)
Rick

As a matter of fact, we just sent in some film for developing - I believe it's on there - should have one in a day or two, and will post (can we post to this board? or do I just need to put it up on my own site?)
Rick

Rick, I believe KN has the IMG code turned off in every forum except the Underwater Photography one.

Well bad luck for me. I went to the store twice this week and he boss wasn't there.

I hope to see him this week to know what he uses for the air to flow. (they'll be tired to see my face around :p)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom