Dry Suit Inflator Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Gibson:
That's the story. It went round and round as the best way to dump and solve the problem. I personally think pinching off the inflator hose would be best until one can shutdown. One thing I didn't agree with was which dumped faster; the rear dump or deflator. There is no question the rear dump has a bigger opening and should dump faster. I'm not saying it's the way to solve the problem. I actually asked JJ and he responded that they had actually tested being inverted while holding the rear dump open and inflating and could reach a steady state. I can neither confirm or deny the authenticity of such a test, but it would be interesting to test.

Yeah and if your not lightning fast your suit bubble will take you up no matter how fast the butt dump goes. It doesn't take long. So I go vertical for this failure. and thus if the argon mount is a little wiggly or in the way of the butt dump its not in the way in an emergency in the first place. Never had a problem I use a peice of fixed webbing and a bungie loop on the bottom with the crown of the 6cf bottle being just above the dump valve.

riguerin:
Jeff, Does this belt mount style argon bottle interfere with stage bottles ? Seems like it could be a little busy there.
No. Never even notice it.

I have at least three ss inflators and none of mine have had any issues with rusting. The only issue was the first round of inflators would cut the o-ring in the inflator hose. I haven't seen any rust on the internals of mine, but I use a lot of silicon grease when I service them. I guess I'm living on he edge.

NWGratefulDiver:
Actually the best way to solve the problem is to ditch those silly steel inflators and get something more reliable. To date, the inflator that came on my H wings (both the Eclipse and Evolve) are the most potentially dangerous equipment failures I've experienced ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

If you fill them with grease they work great, no issues.

Ben_ca:
Unless you used non O2 compatible grease with a high O2 mix :)
Most folk don't inflate their wing from their deco bottles. And even if they did, under the circumstances I wouldn't be too concerned about a spontaneous combustion ... the inflation rate a on wing is pretty slow ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom