Dry Suit Inflator Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevin R:
6 cu ft argon bottle mounted on the plate rather than the cave style LP14 mounted on the backgas tanks.

Oh well...I use a tank mounted 14cf argon,,,guess I will have to take up caving and give up wrecks--lol.

Route--- under the shoulder harness.

6 ft argon bottle mounted to the backplate - Run it under the waist strap and directly to the inflator.

Doubles - 6 CF argon (or airgon) bottle, runs under the left shoulder strap

Singles - backgas, also runs under the left shoulder strap

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

question for those who route under the shoulder strap when using a plate mounted argon bottle.

Why not run it under the waist strap instead? It would make gearing up easier as you dont have to connect the inflator hose before putting your arms through the shoulder straps.

I guess I'm the oddball here. I run my plate-mounted argon hose up under the waist strap and over the shoulder strap....but it's the right length for my body, so does not hang down at all. When inflating off of backgas, I just run it under my arm and over the strap. Again, it is a good length, so does not hang down at all.

I do this because it gives me flexibility in connecting/disconnecting the hose and the ability to shoot a CC liftbag without being on top of it.

KMD:
question for those who route under the shoulder strap when using a plate mounted argon bottle.

Why not run it under the waist strap instead? It would make gearing up easier as you dont have to connect the inflator hose before putting your arms through the shoulder straps.
I think it depends on the plate. On both my DSS and Fred T plates, the argon bottle is mounted fairly high on the plate. It just routes cleaner through the shoulder harness. And connecting the inflator hose first (before getting into the harness) is really a pretty simple thing to do. It's just part of the gearing up routine ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

mine goes under the waist and doesn't touch the shoulder straps at all.

Both plate mounted 6ft or tank mounted 13cf (which I put on "low" to avoid hose to butt dump conflicts)

To those who run the hose over the shoulder strap:

Do you use a backup light attached to your left d-ring? If so, does the hose get in the way of deploying or stowing the backup light?

Soggy:

I'll have to try it out sometime. I don't have a backup light on my left d-ring yet, but don't tell the DIR police.. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom