Dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oli

Reaction score
Except diaper, is there any other ways that women can pee in the drysuit?
We don't have pee valve like men do.:confused:
Personally, I think it would be very unhygenic during mestruation. It can increase the risk of infection too.

I don't use a pee valve in my suit - mostly because there are only a small number of commercial dives in the spring and fall where I may be in the water 4-6 hours when I really need one and I'd prefer not to cut a hole in my suit to install it and deal with it the rest of the year.

So I have the same non diaper options you do. This means for me that the last thing I do before suiting up is pee and the first thing I do when I get unsuited is pee. There are advantages to this - for example it's amazing how fast you can fly up the ladder in a set of doubles and slung deco bottles when you gotta go.

DUI actually makes a valve for women. But it's not very popular. Let's just say it involves a LOT of adhesive and a lot of work. From what I've heard from those who have used it, it's not the most reliable thing out there. So your options are basically Depends for those looon decos or holding it in.

In 15 years and counting, no one has come up with a better option for women. Holding it in is not good for the kidneys, diving dehydrated is not good for deco.

The only two reliable options I've found: be a woman and use Depends, or don't do the dives that require loooooong deco. :wink:

If you are worried about that kind of hygene, use a tampon.

In the old days, the boys (girly men?) had to use depends as well, but they had the problem of, uh... occasionally the end of the hose being in the "wrong place"...

Good point. I am a small girl, so guys always think it would take me forever to carry the doubles around.
I guess my woman's power will show when I need to pee.

I have hear of internal catheter too. The problem is I can't afford to visit the Dr. everytime before I dive. May be I should date a Dr.:eyebrow: ( Hopefully my boyfriend won't see this message)

Seariously, somebody needs to come up with a better way for women.

internal catheter is not a good idea for this application. Having an indwelling catheter going past our on/off would be scary to say the least not having a whole sterile system (tube and bag) to catch the urine (so nothing buggy could get back in). The risks of infection even if put in under the best of conditions (with sterile technique in an operating room) for catheterization are enough that I would not do it just so I didn't have to pee in a diaper.

If you are not familiar with it, the mens pee valve works with a "Texas Catheter" meaning, it's basically a glued on condom with a tube on the end with a balanced, one way valve for overboard discharge. Nothing going through the urethra.

course there is always the old "kitty litter in your drysuit boots"...

"kitty litter in my drysuit boots" does not sound like a very good idea to me.
Has anyone tried a diaper? Does it feel very uncomfortable underwater??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom