Dryglove question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tthirteen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone, 1st post though I have been lurking for a pretty long time :) I have been looking into getting a set of rings for my drysuit, and from everything I have seen I like the Diving Concepts set. I already have a set of drygloves, though, with latex seals, and was wondering whether it is possible to buy only the rings, and how hard installation onto the drygloves is? Thanks

If you get the rings, you'll have to replace the gloves on them periodically anyway, so you'll get used to the glove and ring installation. It's no big deal, but takes a little bit of practice.

I don't know off hand of anywhere you can get the rings by themselves, but the gloves themselves are about $15 with liners from www.seamar.com

You can buy just the rings... but they don't come cheap unfortunately... especially considering they are just pieces of plastic! However the DC rings are tough. I have several sets.

Contact COVCI.com about getting just the rings. Oh, you won't be using the gloves you have with them... selling them on ebay and then buying several sets of unlined blue Atlas gloves and a bunch of the $0.79 per pair poly liners from SeaMar would be the way to go. SeaMar sells primarily to commercial fishermen but they are use to divers buying the Atlas gloves now. :D

Sizing tip. I wear a large lined glove... but with the unlined gloves I bought the x-large and then the medium liners (they are green and come just to the wrist/palm junction.) Don't buy the yellow fuzzy liners... they cost 5x as much and are way too long.

When you buy the rings also make sure you are getting the 0-rings too... especially the newer style oo-ring with flat flange that goes on the outside and protects the glove/ring interface.

thanks for the help! getting those atlas gloves and the removable liners is definitely the way to go in my opinion, i wish i had known that when i bought the gloves i have now :). is putting the atlas gloves on the rings complicated at all, or are there directions anywhere? i know there are directions for putting the rings on the drysuit seals online, but i havent seen anything on the gloves

It's really straightforward technically.. you fold the gauntlet part of the glove inside, trapping the O-ring in the crease. You then have to stretch this over the ridge in the plastic ring. Easier said than done, but you'll manage :)

Just a marginally related update, for those of you interested:

I called Diving Concepts yesterday... they're still working on making a glove mounting tool. No ETA on when that might happen.

I'm figuring on just making my own cut-PVC version, but for right now the gloves are mounted and I don't want to go messing with what ain't broke. I reckon I'll wait until the liners develop this reported "smell" and take it from there.

Why not get the gloves that are designed to attach easily? They have been trimmed and a cuff glued on so that they stretch over the groove and the o-ring just drops over them.
http://www.ossystems.com/gloves/tn_dgc.gif

Just my $.02

Ray

Back
Top Bottom