Which family of drygloves is the best?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LordHavoc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am in need of dry gloves but I am also buying a drysuit. Should I get a drysuit with rings already in place or should I get the removable rings like Kubi dry gloves? Then there is the third option with no ring dryglove option which puts seal on seal. Would this not cause the glove to squeeze tight on your hand due to pressure? Which is the most preferred and why?

I really rate my fitted Kubi rings. Changing out seals is less than a 5 minute job, and the dry gloves fit really solidly and just work well. Get the smallest rings you can is the main thing.
Rich

DIY Atlas blue glove glued to DUI Zip-Seal.

Kubi.

They work and are reliable. Easy to change gloves when holed/torn, couple of minutes including finding a spare glove.

Hear a lot of people griping about the Si-tec rings as being leak prone. Oval rings need to have gloves correctly positioned, round rings don’t.

Bear in mind that you’d probably want thicker winter and thinner summer dry gloves.

Your under gloves matter too. I prefer Forth Element Glove Liners which are thin neoprene gloves. Give you dexterity and insulate when your glove leaks.

I'm very happy with Rolock90 paired with Showa720 gloves. No experience with others, but I made my choice based on feedback from others who did. Lots of old threads on this topic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom