Dryglove question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan:
Are those the $78 gloves?

$76 ... but what's a couple of bucks between friends!

You can actually make your own if you are so inclined. You just need some wrist seals, glue and a sharp pair of scissors. While OS had made some special molds for slightly larger cuffs to glue on the gloves, they are very similar to commercial wrist seals. Of course, the wrist seals are about $30 and the glue another $20 so....

Those $15 gloves are nice and cheap, but I have only been able to install them once with out any tools. And that was only because a guy bet me $20 I couldn't do it! :wink:

Than's another $.02!

Ray

so couldnt i just trim the seals on my current gloves, fit them on the rings, and put the o-ring over them? (the gloves are the orange DUI, btw)

tthirteen:
so couldnt i just trim the seals on my current gloves, fit them on the rings, and put the o-ring over them? (the gloves are the orange DUI, btw)
You can.. but I would keep those gloves as they are and buy the new $15 Atlas gloves (which are identical, sans seal). That way I have the option of using the drygloves with the seals in case I broke one of the O-rings on the ring system or something. The gloves with seals are expensive, I'd be in no rush to cut em up :)

jonnythan:
You can.. but I would keep those gloves as they are and buy the new $15 Atlas gloves (which are identical, sans seal). That way I have the option of using the drygloves with the seals in case I broke one of the O-rings on the ring system or something. The gloves with seals are expensive, I'd be in no rush to cut em up :)

i'm pretty sure i didnt get any sort of a deal on my gloves, either, so you're right, there's no way i'm going to cut them up :) i was just wondering

I contacted Chris at COVCI and asked about buying just the ring system, with no gloves, and he responded saying that they no longer sell only the rings. Any ideas on who else to buy them from, or another good system that is maybe a little cheaper and easier to come by? Or, anyone want to sell me a set of DC rings??? :)

tthirteen:
I contacted Chris at COVCI and asked about buying just the ring system, with no gloves, and he responded saying that they no longer sell only the rings. Any ideas on who else to buy them from, or another good system that is maybe a little cheaper and easier to come by? Or, anyone want to sell me a set of DC rings???
icosm14.gif

OS Systems sells the parts separately for the glove system. You can find them at:
http://www.ossystems.com/pricelists/repair.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom