Dryglove systems: Viking Bayonet vs. Diving Concepts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I've sung the praises of the Viking system enough. I really like them, and I dive with people with the DC system, and everybody I dive with has had at least one glove flood on a dive, and I haven't. Enough said?

Just a word about zipgloves -- If you don't preserve the inner seal, then a glove flood is a suit flood.

You CAN take the Viking rings off and still use the latex seals. The stretching is not of the part of the seal that closes around your wrist.

I use Atlas orange gloves with my Viking rings. They work great.

That you for your input, TSandM... how easy is it to switch back and forth between drygloves and wet with the Viking rings?

CompuDude:
That you for your input, TSandM... how easy is it to switch back and forth between drygloves and wet with the Viking rings?

Real easy!! It might take two minutes for both gloves.

If you leave the rings in place it does not take any time to switch between a wet or dryglove. Removing the rings attached to the drysuit is easy, but putting them back can be a pain.

I also understand that D.U.I. has a new zip dryglove with both the wrist seal and glove attached. The question is...can the glove be easily removed?

Viking rings are the only way to go, you'll never ever have a leak unless you put a hole in the glove or the suit. Switching between dry and wet gloves is a non issue because you just don't put the glove over the ring and wear the wet glove like normal.

There is only one clear cut guaranteed no leak choice, that's the Viking Ring. Don't get the bayonet system, or it may leak like the others do.

Ok, perhaps I need to clarify then... TSandM, you have the Viking bayonet ring system, right? That's the one I was looking into, not the original Viking ring system.

I can't say too much about how well the Diving Concepts gloves work. I'm still struggling to get my hands through the rings with the latex wrist seal still in place without pulling the rings off when I put my hands through. As it is I have to put talc on the seals to get my hands through.

Before you buy the DC (assuming you do) then stick your hands through the suit ring. If you are even the slightest bit tight, you might want to look at the Viking gloves anyway.

Now question for someone with Viking gloves, someone said that they only worked with Viking suits, is that true? If so that's a bummer that would have been my backup strategy if I can't adapt to the DC gloves.

RPanick:
Now question for someone with Viking gloves, someone said that they only worked with Viking suits, is that true? If so that's a bummer that would have been my backup strategy if I can't adapt to the DC gloves.

I have seen Viking gloves on Bare suits. Don't know if they were the same ones that are in question or not.

No..... Viking system can be applied on any system. I used it on my DUI suit for a while. It is mounted on the latex seal. It doesn't matter with a suit manufacture.

Wally, Canopy?????

Yes, I have the bayonet system, and it can be used on any suit with latex seals. The system comes with a variety of inner rings, and which you use depends on the thickness of the latex. I use one on my Mobby's, but Peter needs a different one for his Bare suit.

It takes a couple of minutes to put the rings on. I can use wet gloves with my rings in place, but the gloves need a short wrist portion (the long gauntlets won't work). Taking the rings off to use wetgloves isn't something I'd want to do a bunch of times, because I'd be worried about damaging the wrist seal in the process. I don't lobster, so I don't need to dive wet gloves ever, and I don't.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom