Drysuit Neck Seal Too Tight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I almost blacked out on a surface swim after a dive because the neck seal was too tight. It was snug on the dive, but after surfacing, I got tunnel vision and ended up up dumping my weights so I could lay flat on the surface for the swim in. I wouldn't get in the water with a neck seal that you think is too tight. It was my single scariest moment diving. I really wasn't sure I was going to make it to shore.

That's exactly what I was talking about in post #37 in my response to #32. I'm happy you got through it.

I'd always want to be comfortable, but never would I have imagined it was actually dangerous to have the neck seal too tight before I took the class (well, read the book, actually, but "how snug is just right is a feel thing, not a book learning thing). Learning that one thing was worth what it cost to take the class. One can black out from it. Underwater's just not a good place to do that.

Seriously this cutting seals stretched over a cylindrical object is a really really bad idea

I have my seals scissors locked away, in the drysuit department, so I can't get to them
They come cheap buy a three pack they come sharp don't use them for anything else

Even if you can't do anything, good light, your best glasses, get comfy start chopping

What you can do is practice, away from the cutting ridge, and try and keep it straight
There is room between the rings, to do this once or twice, before you are ready to go

The greatest thing about the ridges believe it or not is you can run the scissors along
the edge of the ridge that's the sharp edge using it like a track without cutting over it

Yeah!

Blah blah yeah seen a few stretched seals not quick replace ones split goodbye diving

for weeks and weeks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom