Drysuit Roundtable Q&A

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ordered my quick clamp gloves from you guys today!!! Hopefully they'll be here Tuesday or Wendsday. Thanks for the advice.

Does anyone have any tips for preventing a latex neck seal from "rolling" on your neck when you don the suit. It hasn't been an issue so far because my son has always been at the dive site with me to help get the roll out and ensure the seal sits flat on my neck, but he is quitting diving so I need to be able to sort this out without assistance. If it doesn't sit flat against my skin i get a little leaking if I turn my neck a lot on a dive.

There really isn't a way to prevent it. But, there is an easy way to unroll it yourself.

Just grab the seal near the base of your neck, and pull out away from your neck. This pulls the seal down your neck, and unrolls it. It also is an easy way to get it below your adams apple. Pretty simple, and you can watch the magic unfold in a mirror so you know it works :wink:

You can also just trim it a little and that may help you as well, but a tight seal is a dry one!

Ordered my quick clamp gloves from you guys today!!! Hopefully they'll be here Tuesday or Wendsday. Thanks for the advice.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!! You are going to LOVE drygloves!! One of my favorite upgrades many years ago. If you think going from a wetsuit to a drysuit was awesome...HA, wait until you go from thick wetgloves to drygloves!

There really isn't a way to prevent it. But, there is an easy way to unroll it yourself.

Just grab the seal near the base of your neck, and pull out away from your neck. This pulls the seal down your neck, and unrolls it. It also is an easy way to get it below your adams apple. Pretty simple, and you can watch the magic unfold in a mirror so you know it works :wink:

You can also just trim it a little and that may help you as well, but a tight seal is a dry one!

Thanks very much :)

I got these rings for xmas and i love them.
Rubber Pullover Dry Glove Rings

my question though, is there a way to turn these temporary rings into a permanent thing on my whites fusion DS?
I'm not sure if i am a fan of long term rings being supported by my seals only.

I got these rings for xmas and i love them.
Rubber Pullover Dry Glove Rings

my question though, is there a way to turn these temporary rings into a permanent thing on my whites fusion DS?
I'm not sure if i am a fan of long term rings being supported by my seals only.

Sure can. They can be stitched or glued to the suit. It's not the easiest install because that ring system is wider than your cuff. So, you have to add new fabric and make a coupling so both fit together. We have done this many times, but it's not just a standard install. When you do this, it becomes a replaceable seal system so you can use Silicone seals.

I am looking at an Ursuit BDS Kevlar breathable suit.Looking around and found several references to the limited lifespan of breathable suits (I believe one said about 400 hours). Love the concept, but seems like a lot of money for a limited lifespan. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I am looking at an Ursuit BDS Kevlar breathable suit.Looking around and found several references to the limited lifespan of breathable suits (I believe one said about 400 hours). Love the concept, but seems like a lot of money for a limited lifespan. Any thoughts?

That is on the OLD breathables. Not the new ones. Rofos had a suit that would only last about 400 dives and the old Bare SB would last sometimes 10 dives before leaking. The new breathable materials have been tested and don't leak. My father has had a Ursuit Kevlar for 4 years....has over 700 dives on it and not a single leak. Honestly, nothing to worry about with the new breathable materials. Even Bare and Rofos have the newer stuff and are not having any issues anymore with the breathable. This isssue actually even runs back to Kayak suits and Public safety. So, it was a big issue that the fabric suppliers figured out.

Sure can. They can be stitched or glued to the suit. It's not the easiest install because that ring system is wider than your cuff. So, you have to add new fabric and make a coupling so both fit together. We have done this many times, but it's not just a standard install. When you do this, it becomes a replaceable seal system so you can use Silicone seals.

thanx! so not an easy DYI project.
that's good to know

Tried the technique today...worked like a freakin' charm...thanks!

Back
Top Bottom