Drysuit wrist seal question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My original fusion had that problem, and the solution that was suggested to me worked really well--spraying it occasionly with a marine lubricant called Sailkote.
I also use Sailkote but still need the cornstarch when I use thicker underwear.

... Rest of the day, a little bit of KY. rubbed on the outside of the first inch of the seal for removal, and the first couple inches of the inside for donning...

Whew! Tom, I was worried about you when the guys at the drugstore said that you kept buying up all their KY Jelly. I feel better now.

Like grf88 I use talc in a small bag. Bare offers the bag for just a few dollars. The bag itself lasts quite a while, even when applying it on the seals every time I put it on. The bag helps to prevent it from creating a mess and works well for me. Some people here use baby powder. I've tried the latex spray stuff and found it didn't work as well as talc.

I got talc in a small bag at a scuba shop years ago. I could never get enough out to make it worthwhile.

I got talc in a small bag at a scuba shop years ago. I could never get enough out to make it worthwhile.

That is odd. The walls of the small bag are thin enough to allow a nice thin coat of talc. I've really like the bag offered by Bare. Part number is 088940WHT-EA. You can refill the bag, which I've only had to do a couple of times in the past few years. The bags are cheap enough that to simply replace (talc comes in the bag) rather than refilling.

Talc bag from DRIS.....

I will say the largest tube of KY can lead to interesting looks and conversations both on and off the boat....

Talc bag from DRIS.....

I will say the largest tube of KY can lead to interesting looks and conversations both on and off the boat....
But it's good to know there is another use for it.

(Sha Na Na used it for their greasy hair look because it washed out easily, and they could look normal after a concert.)

In bridge inspection, we actually use it KY get a proper seal/reading for the ultrasonic gauge head on the probe for measuring section thickness of steel. We used to use petroleum jelly, but it was miserable to rinse off if you got it on you, or to clean the probe between uses..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom