Drysuits WITHOUT Laytex Neck Seals and Wrist Seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redseal1tx

Registered
Reaction score
1278 miles NW of GCM; 4697 E of Midway Islands; 1
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Greetings dry suit divers,

I just started my research regarding purchasing my first dry suit and would appreciate your help.

My LDS has the White Fusion Sport (WFS) dry suit which I tried on and it fit great.
The problem I had with the WFS, which I didn't know previously, is that I'm allergic to the latex neck seal and wrist seals. My face, neck, hands, and wrists broke out in a red blotchy rash from the latex.

Is there a dry suit manufacturer that makes dry suits without latex neck seals and wrist seals?
(Please be kind in your responses since I'm new to dry suits and this might be considered a stupid question. But then again, the only stupid question is the one not asked).

Thank you for your time and help.

Whites does offer the Fusion with silicon seals. Many manufacturers also offer neoprene seals.

Hawkwood,

Thank you for your response and info. I'll contact Whites regarding silicon seals.

I love my DUI FLX Extreme however if i had to do silicone i'd go with a waterproof...a bit more expensive but the one i saw in person was holding up awesome to almost constant diving.

D1_int_quick_seal_open.jpg
D1 HYBRID DRYSUIT | Waterproof Facing Reality

Based on my recent experiences with silicone, I'd recommend the neoprene. The silicone seals I got were too delicate to be practical. In three dives, I managed to rip two wrist seals while getting in and out of the suit.

Max
DSAT 191816

What I have heard is that the Waterproof silicone seals are thinner and more delicate than the SiTech, which is what comes with the Fusion. The silicone seals I got with my Fusion held up quite well to about a dozen dives -- my only problem with them is that they are too big for me.

You can put neoprene seals on most suits, including the Fusion (although the process for that suit is complicated). Neoprene neck seals work pretty well for men. Neoprene wrist seals make it almost impossible to put dry gloves on the suit.

btw.........whites offers silicone seals on new orders, if you are buying a stock suit from your LDS, you will have to pay someone to change them............Dive Rite Inn Scuba (on here) offers the change for $300 I think............and I love my silicone seals..........

You can put the new Si Tech system on just about any drysuit. Then you can replace your own seals. I have them on my new suit and love the comfort they provide. I need a couple more dives to get the neck ring molded but won't be looking back to latex. The newer seals seem pretty indestructable. I hear the earlier versions did have some issues.

I was watching a display of the si-tech silicone neck seal where they got one of thier trolly dollies to climb through the neck seal. Not very delicate in my mind. I have also dived the Waterproof seals and found them very comfortable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom