DSS Bungee Wrist Mount Reviews

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba393

Registered
Reaction score
Currenty have a Suunto Vyper. Love the computer, hate the wrist strap. I see that DSS makes bungee wrist mounts for Vypers ... anybody have these and if so, how do they perform?

I don't think I have heard one bad comment about the DSS boots. I just recently purchased one for my compass and only got to do one dive with it but I like it very much. I have one on the way for a new Aladin 2G that is also on it's way.

I have two that I use for my computers and have had no issues. One is 6 months old and one is 2 years old.

I have 2, used them several years with no issues. Money well spent, just make sure and use the proper size bungee for maximum life. The only complaint I've ever heard or read about was when someone used bungee that was too big, and stretched the holes to the breaking point..

We have DSS boots for everything -- several different computers, and all our compasses. They work beautifully. If you use very narrow bungie and stretch it hard, you can eventually cut through some of the smaller holes, but it takes a couple of years, you don't lose the gauge when it happens, and they're cheap to replace.

I use them for my Suunto compasses. Money well spent. Actually, everything I have from DSS has been :thumb:

I think they're great with thicker exposure protection. But with thin or no exposure protection like I wear, the bungies will need to be fairly short (even more so for a woman) and I can't get it on without scraping my hand. The mounts are a flexible material but still have sharp edges So might be a factor if you're a warm water diver.

I use a Vyper Air with a DSS boot and a bungee... works great with bare skin (shortie), over a wet suit, or over a dry suit. Just loop part of the bungee around the computer to shorten it when you aren't wearing the dry suit (sorry, couldn't find pix of this)...

DSS mount everything. You'll not likely be disappointed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom