Dual CPU Computer Configuration i7 vs Xenon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are u trying to make a computer purchase choice ? Personally I have an I 7 4710mq. And edit with power director. I prefer to use hardware acceleration via my gpu. Sorry if this don't help you in any way as I may be misunderstanding your question.. fwiw I feel I get better quality from using the gpu.

Sent from my galaxy S5 Active.

Wow, that took some time: I was mistaken at the time and thought I could build a dual CPU i7 system, however, multi cpu motherboards seem only to be available for xenon CPUs. I also use PowerDirector and GPU doesn't add much, have used in 6 core AMD and i7 IvyBridge 4 core with hyperthreading so it is 8 cores and the build below. The number of cores and CPU speed is so much more that the GPU doesn't hardly make a difference. The video editing build below powers through rendering, the only issue I have had is if I go out to color director and add correction, any machine I have tried bogs down. Don't know what's with that.

Also, 32GB of RAM didn't make much difference either vs 8 or 16

Elite Performance Custom 3D Modeling & AutoCAD System Haswell Version (CPUi750HWCADWSEP) Customizations:

Case: H2 Classic Silent Midtower Chassis CS-NT-H2-B Black

Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 1500W Power Supply RSF00-SPM2D3-US

Socket 1150 Haswell: ASUS Desktop Board Haswell SABERTOOTH Z87 LGA1150 Intel Z87 Express Chipset - Socket H3 LGA-1150 (New)

Intel LGA 1150 CPU ( Intel 4th Gen Haswell): 4th Gen Intel Core i7 i7-4770K 3.50 GHz Processor - Socket H3 LGA-1150 CPU Stock Cooler Included

Upgrade From Stock Intel Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H80i High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

DDR3 Memory Options: Crucial 32GB kit Ballistix DDR3 1600Mhz 4 x 8 GB

PCI Express Video Card: PNY Quadro K4000 Graphic Card - 3 GB GDDR5 SDRAM - PCI Express 2.0 x16 - Full-height

SATA Hard Disk: Crucial M500 480 GB 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive

Second Hard Drive: WD Black WD1003FZEX 1 TB 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Optical Drives: LG GH24NSB0 24x DVDRW Super Multi Drive

Optical Drives: LG WH16NS40 Internal Blu-ray Writer - Black - Bulk - Internal

OS: WINDOWS 7 PRO 64 Bit OEM 1PK License and Media - OEM - 1 PC - English Supports Up To 192GB RAM

I'm assuming you have your video stored on the 1TB drive, with your OS + Apps on the SSD?

If so, you're bottlenecked at the drives. For anything processor intensive, once you move past utilizing 4 cores or so, you really need a RAID array to feed them.

Wow I didn't even notice the date on your post. And that is a nice system but as Brandon said if ur not running in a raid 0 setup then you will likely have a bottleneck at the drives. As far as color correction I would presume that it is also a data feed rate issue or simply the fact that for every second of video your actually correcting 30 or 60 pictures and that's a lot of prosser usage.

Sent from my galaxy S5 Active.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom