Duck and Ebro Cavern Dive Reports 3-22-8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone have a small motor for cheap?

Your best bet would be to keep a look out for crappy used john boats and cheap fiberglass fishing boats with working motors. Shagman's motor came with a fiberglass boat for a grand total of $800. He kept the motor for his inflatable, and I think he's ditching the fiberglass boat.

Thanks for posting pictures and a good trip report!

Looked like a hellava day :D

Glad you enjoyed, the day was perfect for the boat ride and the diving was great too :)

OK, here are some pics!

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

There's also a few movies on my site, they are gonna be slow to upload, but should be done by about 7PMCDT this evening.

20080322-Ebro-Duck-spring

Is that your action kicking up all that silt???:D I know it isn't, just couldn't resist saying it...especially since I have been known to stir a little silt now and then. Looks like an interesting place. The color of the rocks inside the cavern is interesting...I wonder if the tanic water gets down in to there sometimes? How strong was the flow from the hole?

Look at me in action! :D Great shots Shagman :)

There's a decent amount of flow, its a 2nd magnitude spring, but its not like getting into Morrison, and definately not like Cypress.

There is an algae that grows on everything in there, the particulate you see is a mix of algae and other materials falling from the ceiling within the cavern from percolation(bubbles hitting the ceiling) and being blown out the entrance.

The flow from Ebro, on the other hand, feels much stronger than that of Cypress due to the smaller entrance. In actuality, Cypress pushes more water, but its not as apparent due to the larger entrance.

Nice shots, Josh. Have you ever tried photo editing. You could get a lot of that green out with a decent photo program. My favorite is a MS program called Photo It 7.0. It's real easy to use.

BTW, what's the rule on boats in these waters? I see you have an AL registration on the inflatable.

Im jealous! Next time im in Florida and your wanting to dive let me know, would love to see some of the boat only access sites. Looks like you guys had a good time!

BTW, what's the rule on boats in these waters? I see you have an AL registration on the inflatable.

Check FL regs, but I believe in AL anything with a motor, or anything over a certain length has to be registered. My 10' inflatable is registered as well. You'll have to register your canoe if you pop a motor on it, even if in the Mill Pond(which supposedly gets patrolled on occassion - though I've never seen em). It'll be cheap to do so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom