DUI TLS SE Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The TLS will stand up to USE, but it may not be able to withstand ABUSE. Another option you might consider is the clx SE, same design as the TLS SE but made out of a significantly ruggeder material.

I bought a TLS/SE a little over 2 years ago. Dove it every weekend with no issues. Nice suit. I don't have a zipper gaurd and dive a backplate and the zipper is fine. Save the cash, skip the zipper gaurd and use the cash to go diving.

This year I decided to get me a new suit so I purchased a TLS350 this go around.

Owning both I can tell you the only advantage the 350 has is being able to zip myself and I don't solo dive so that really isn't an issue.

Get the SE. You'll be happy with it as its a nice suit.

Order the TLS-SE, my wife did & when we got the suit it was a TLS-350. She really wanted to send it back, but I convinced her to keep it. Hey it is a $700 more expensive suit & didnt cost us any xtra. It was definatly the right suit as we put knee pads & a pocket put on it & thats the way it came.
Maybe lightning will strike twice.

orangelion03:

for the $1500.00 that the suit costs off the shelf, i would spend the money(actually less) and wait 5 weeks for a custom suit. follow the link in this post to the site. i am not saying that the Pinnacle is not a good suit though(i dont know first hand). but, with the extra cash you save buying a SeaSkin, you could add dry gloves and underwear and be good to go. next year, come tax return time, i will be giving serious thought to adding one these to my kit.

http://www.seaskin.co.uk/acatalog/SeaskinNovaDS.html

like i said in an earlier post, custom cut, and shipped next day air from the UK(and the UK guys know about dry suit diving) for $1100.00(keep the Dollar/Euro exchange rate in mind as that could change price +/- and this price was including some options and cover'd completely in Cordura)

Bill

Bill

I just want to thank everyone for the good advice am getting on dry suits. This is exactly why I started coming on Scuba Board. So far this is what am hearing: The TLS SE is a good suit and the TLS 350 is slightly better in the sense of being able to don the suit by oneself. So far pricing from Dive Tank (talked to Richard) is that with hood, gloves, rockboots and undergarments included the price is $975, the TLS 350 with the same extras is $1495. Both great prices from what I have seen at my local dive shop. I hate to not buy from my dive shop but they are asking about $500 above the above cost. I have checked the web site for the dry suit from England, (skin) and it looks ok but just can't buy something sight unseen. If there was one to compare I would go that route. As far as other suits, I have seen the whites and really like there high end suit but there low end is same as TLS SE and I like the DUI suit slight better, (just can't get myself to like the knee pad design on the whites, lol). The Bare dry suits look good but I have no dealer where I could try one one.
All of that said, am still a new diver with less than 50 dives. I don't plan to be a tech diver anytime soon. Want at least 100 dives before I go that route, (this is just me). I use to fly also and feel like flying that more hours should make one more complete diver. By then I will be ready to upgrade to a more durable suit.
By saving $500 on the suit I can use that to dive more or upgrade my existing equipment.
Will let ever one now how my TLS SE goes and who knows maybe they will send me the TLS 350 like the other guy reported, lol. One can only hope. Please continue with the great comments. I am hoping to dive with the Deep Dixie Divers and do more diving this year. My plans are for a Bonair trip latter this year but will be going as a single so hope to find a buddy before then,
Thanks again everyone,
Ray,

Back
Top Bottom