Dumaguete Trip report feb 24-26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clgsamson:
very glad you guys made it out...but did it ever crossed your mind even for a second to call off the dive and go someplace else? If it did that was your inner voice calling to you, if not you guys are very brave indeed. Bahala Na!:wink:

at no point in the dive did i ever think of abandoning, except maybe to look for chip but it wasnt an option to abandon as fighting to gain our composure and escape the currents accounted for 75% of the dive time. by the time we escaped the wrath of the currents and neared 90% of the dive time we saw chip. i dont think i was brave. more buang:D

this is where the bahala na system shines!!!

jim ernst:
hey spoon and chip and otheres not to rob your thread and post off topic, but i will leave this friday for PG atlantis resort, have never been in warm water and NEVER real strong current, is this somthing i have to look forward too out there the current that is?? oh and nice trip report and glad you did well in the current you expirienced!!
Ditto with Caloy and Spoon, Jim. Currents can be a pain at times but overall the experience will be a joy. Have fun in Atlantis! Hope you get to see other SBers when you're there!

Spoon:
at no point in the dive did i ever think of abandoning, except maybe to look for chip but it wasnt an option to abandon as fighting to gain our composure and escape the currents accounted for 75% of the dive time. by the time we escaped the wrath of the currents and neared 90% of the dive time we saw chip. i dont think i was brave. more buang:D

this is where the bahala na system shines!!!
Bahala na!!! I think that's the inner voice we all hear in our heads during a difficult dive, fighting words indeed. Gud call bro i.e look for chip; not abandon the fight, as iris said you're really "brokeback buddies":10: :D

clgsamson:
Bahala na!!! I think that's the inner voice we all hear in our heads during a difficult dive, fighting words indeed. Gud call bro i.e look for chip; not abandon the fight, as iris said you're really "brokeback buddies":10: :D

change topic! so tell us about the tapes chip???:D

Spoon:
yup he did, would have made a world of difference if we knew about it in advance. its like your expecting a golden retriever and get shocked when it was actually a snarling pitbull. knowing in advance and what to expect is crucial.
The only thing I don't wanna do is put total blame on the DM.
* I was the one that got separated.
* I was diving when I was sick and weak that day - Rasta Lem warned us that it is strong currents at coconut point this time of year. It was kinda stupid of me not to think about the consequences in the condition I was in - if I were in Anilao I probably would have cancelled going to bahura.
* I neglected to take the time to fix my SMB.

@ Koya: I honestly didn't think about cancelling the dive. I'm with Spoon: I'm more loco than anything. :) Also, I didn't think it would be as bad as it was.

@ DD: glad you appreciated my kiddy drawings. :)

chip104:
The only thing I don't wanna do is put total blame on the DM.
* I was the one that got separated.
* I was diving when I was sick and weak that day - Rasta Lem warned us that it is strong currents at coconut point this time of year. It was kinda stupid of me not to think about the consequences in the condition I was in - if I were in Anilao I probably would have cancelled going to bahura.
* I neglected to take the time to fix my SMB.

* you cancelled hehehehehehe......... and missed the two missing divers in our wreck dive.

Great report guys. I'm glad you're both ok.

Back
Top Bottom