Dumb Question about Air2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A 3/4 inch corrugated hose will actually fit on an AIR 2 with very hot water, a little soap for lubricating, and the appropriate language. If you cannot find the appropriate words to make that work there is a special corrugated hose that has a 1 inch diameter on one end and 3/4 on the other.
Backplate and Wings - Wings/BC Parts - Corrugated Hoses - Elbows - Quick Dumps - 12'' Corrugated Adapter Hose - Northeast Scuba Supply

If you buy a new AIR 2, it will come with the correct inflator hose. If you purchase a used one and it doesn't come with the inflator hose IMHO the best method of connecting an inflator or inflator/regulator to your first stage is with a standard second stage (or Miflex or Phantom) hose coupled with a screw on adapter. There are a few advantages in doing it this way. For one thing l/p second stage hoses come in a large variety of lengths making routing much simpler. Additionally, if the hose becomes defective one only needs to change it out. See the link below for an online supplier of adapters.

HP, LP & BC Hose Adapters and Fittings - Dive Gear Express

I think the other excellent posts have covered it.

Scubapro has changed to having the adapter on a LP hose as described above.

The A.I.R. II ( Alternate Inflator Regulator ) is in its' 4th generation.

It is an excellent choice.

It is an excellent choice.

I'm waitin' to get me an Air III when they come out.

don't count on that numbering system - if you follow the first stage designations, it seem they can't count....:cool2:

I wonder what that would be. The Air 1 was a regular 2nd stage (primary air source), the Air 2's an octo/inflator (secondary air source), so the Air 3 would be... a spare air (ternary air source)?

Tri Mix Rebreather in the compact form of a Spare Air.

stand alone spare air = III, rebreather would have to be IV......

Will it come in both Pink and Tech Black?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom