Dumping Air from Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I decided to go with the 36# Pioneer.

Got to the shop and apparently one of the guys I dive with bought the last one!

They just got the new Eclipse 30# wing in, truck was still outside when I got there.

So I got it, and...he talked me into the BP too, although he didn't have to twist my arm all that far.

Only did 2 dives so far and one wasn't the greatest conditions to evaluate a new piece of gear in.

BUT...I can already say I love it.

Much more streamlined than the monster I was diving (I can almost keep up with Martin now), and I finally see what you all mean about using the pull dump. I barely even have to move to get it to work. The old wing I could almost stand on my head and no air would come out. I do have to get used to finding it without the little ball on the end though.

But I'll have plenty of time to adjust things, and break it in a little, next week in Aruba.

Wish we had a better dive that day. But after hearing that you got the new Eclipse and I got the Pioneer, I don't feel quite as bad. :D

I just ordered the ACB weight system, I really had issues with the weight belt shifting on that dive.

Good diving in Aruba, when I get back from Florida we will have to compare notes about our new setups after some more dives in a little more ideal conditions than 15 feet of water and a nasty current.

Good Diving,

TTSkipper

Comming in a bit late here but.........

I too only use the rear dump. There are a few exceptions where your vertical and must use the inflator (like being spat out of the little river entrance :D)

Just my humblest of opinions

Dave

Ben I just got the XS scuba belt. Martin just got one and he showed me the day after our dive.

Comes with either 2, 3, or 4 pockets per side. The empty pockets colapse nearly flat, very comfortable. doesn't seem to shift, I haven't dove it yet though.

And I bought one of those SS depth compensating clips.

That way a still have room on the harness for other little things like shears, etc.

YES I'm BECOMING minimartin! In fact got the jets yesterday!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom