Dutch Springs Incident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone know you?

does anyone know you?

Sad day for local diving.

Lets hope something can be learned from this and her death is used to teach OW better, more like JimLap teaches.

it truely is a sad day that a fellow diver died. hopefully like others have said we all will learn from this

Sobering story. Very much so since I will be checking out there next week.

I do wish to express condolences for the loss, and hope we get more information that may help us, both new and old a like.

Thanks to the divers who helped, and prayers for the family.

My thoughts go out to the divers family, and friends.

Sounds like she was over-weighted. Sadly, her buddy did not appear to have the proper training to do the rescue. I could keep anyone on the surface, assuming I was right there, and they were not 25lbs over-weighted.

Very sad.

Was on the Penn side when it happened so only saw the response and heard the rumors throughout the day. I don't know why this one bothers me so much but it does. My prayers are with the family and with those who tried to save her.

Was on the Penn side when it happened so only saw the response and heard the rumors throughout the day. I don't know why this one bothers me so much but it does. My prayers are with the family and with those who tried to save her.

because it was on our backyard.

shows us just how vulnerable we are.

was on the penn side when it happened so only saw the response and heard the rumors throughout the day. I don't know why this one bothers me so much but it does. My prayers are with the family and with those who tried to save her.

what lb said, and we were all but part of it.

Curious here to somethings about dutch springs and this incident

Is there a reason why the look out could not have jumped in to try to help?

and with what dutch charges to get in and all the staff that is there why dont they have 2 lookouts at each spot and a boat at each so that if something like this were to happen that one of the lookouts can get in the boat and help and the other stay and call things in ?

Very sad. It has been a while since i dove at DS but it is a wonderful training facility with excellent staff support. It is not very well known but the single biggest reason for diver drownings worldwide happen when the diver does not drop the weights. There is a lesson in this and hsoul dbe emphasised for all to drop weights when they can not get boyant.

I was the diver who started in water cpr and a medical professional for 25 years. I want to thank all who helped that day,especially the diver in the boat with Lee. sometimes you do everything right and still lose. Let us learn from this and move forward. I have been troubled by this all week,and now must let it go. I just hope it makes us better teachers and safer divers. As for the family, I am sorry but we tried our best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom