Dynamodiving regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frogman

Reaction score
Has anyone among the board tried DYNAMODIVING's regs? How was it? I heard from a dive salesperson, dont know if its true, that the makers of Atomic regs are the same as Dynamodiving regs. Which is which? :06:

I have not seen their regs but I have heard of them. On their website www.dynamodiving.com there is some info. These regs are of particular interest since they are flow through piston designs such as SP or Atomic but feature a dry sealed system of some sort. I am very curious as to what means they use to transmit changes in pressure to the ambient chamber without using the old fill the chamber with christolube trick. Maybe they are using some sort of Sherwood type air bleed system? It doesn't really mention this on their website. A drysealed flow through piston would seem to be a big step in regulator design. If anyone can shed any light on this topic it would be greatly appreciated.

Gillty

I have seen their website plus some cutaway-drawings of the 1st stage that was posted before. It seems it isnt there anymore...

I also had the chance to see the actual reg, looks like an atomic 1st (except for the Hammerhead which have a different turret) but without the ports. the second stages are small.....

I have a friend who is currently testing it....will post info on the details if I ever get to have a chat with him...

though cost is cheaper than the atomics

The only funky thing that I could think of to seal it dry, is to have a diaphragm pushing an inverted piston thus bringing the bottom/endcap closer to the piston bottom. Make sense?

RescueDiver009,

Sort of like the apeks or legend but for a flow thru piston right(that would be awesome if they could pull it off)? I have emailed the company to see if they could give me some information or get me in touch with one of their techs. So far I have got one response promising some brochures. It seems kind of funny though that they describe a dry sealed system but are very lacking in a description of such a system. I would believe if they have really developed something creative that they would be raving about it.

Respectfully,

Gillty

Sounds good. PM me when you get word that the brochures are on their way, or some more info

Anyone got their brochures yet? I got 2 responses, one from the company and one from a salesman. I am waiting on the brochures to be sent myself, however wanted to know if anyone has further info on this.

Thanks

Daryl

darylm74:
Anyone got their brochures yet? I got 2 responses, one from the company and one from a salesman. I am waiting on the brochures to be sent myself, however wanted to know if anyone has further info on this.

Thanks

Daryl

Got a reply from the company. Sent them my mailing address. Awaiting brochures...

Has anyone gotten their brochures yet? I was in contact with a salesman around 3 weeks ago now and he was only a state away. Doesn't seem like he is interested in selling me a regulator. He did ask if I was a diver or an LDS. Perhaps they aren't interested in selling to divers, just bulk orders to LDS. Don't they know the LDS has to sell it to us? hmmm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom