easiest inexpensive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My LDS recommended the Aeris XR-2 when I asked about an "entry" level computer. The choice was between the XR-1 and the XR-2. I chose the XR-2 as I knew I would be looking for nitrox capability as well as the 24 dive log.

I will figure posting out soon enough - "I chose the XR-2 as I knew I'd be looking for the nitrox capabilty and the 24 dive log" - I believe those were about the only differences. It has been easy to use.

Anything off this page is a steal of a deal and comes with a full Oceanic/Aeris warranrty unlike LeisurePro:

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/salesPage.asp

I can't get over that brand new Aeris Atmos 1 Console for $162 with the SB discount. I was thinking of buying a backup SPG for $75-100, but for $162 for a whole backup computer is tough to beat. Oh yeah, don't forget to mention the Scubaboard 10% discount when talking to ScubaToys.

I agree that the Oceanic and Aeris models are good choices. Easy to use without sacrificing capabilities. They are basically the same 'brain', I think, with minor differences. There is a new nitrox-capable version of the Oceanic Veo 100, their least expensive model. It is called the Veo nx. New discontinued models are often a good deal, and I have personally had good luck with used dive computers.

I'm using the oceanic veo200 and it's great, simple, and cheap. Good choice, but any, ANY basic DC from the big guys should be fantastic.

Same here...almost 1000 dives & used my 1st computer 3 weeks ago off Cozumel(dove with Aldora & they require a computer-120 cf high pressure tanks)...just bought a VEO 180 Nx for $230........used my buddies extra( Veo 100) while on Cozumel ...liked the G/Y/R icon......

Same here...almost 1000 dives & used my 1st computer 3 weeks ago off Cozumel(dove with Aldora & they require a computer-120 cf high pressure tanks)...just bought a VEO 180 Nx for $230........used my buddies extra( Veo 100) while on Cozumel ...liked the G/Y/R icon......

I got the Suunto Gekko last month. I have not had a chance to dive with it outside of the pool, but so far it seens to be a great beginner computer. It has more fetures than I can list. You can see it at www.suunto.com. I paid aprox $250 at my LDS.

I have the Mares M1 RGBM.
It is rugged and its easy to change the pen cells.
Very happy with it. I am not bent!

It has stiff buttons and if you want to interface to a computer it is expensive.
Cant compare to others as its the only one I dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom