Easy Access Schedule Puerto Galera Ferry Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is why I haven’t dived in pg for 5 years even though I work in Manila. Price per person from Manila round trip is over 9k. Doesn’t seem to be worth it when for the price of a 6k plane ticket and 300php trike ride I can get to almost anywhere in the Philippines in around an hour or two.
Si-Kat transfer is still very reasonable especially to those who are already staying in Manila.
The latest ferry schedule is just not practical(too risky) if the flight arrives late in the morning.
I would rather spend a night in MNL and make my way to PG on following morning. There are many ways to skin a cat.
Your holiday and money.

No one checked my e travel generated QR code at NAIA.
The hotel confirmation is still being checked at Balatero ferry terminal.
Just to add details.
Before, to get the QR code, they asked you about the dates of vaccinations but now it is just about answering if you are vaccinated or not, that's it. Your choice.
The other change is that you need to input a precise address and a lot of resort-hotel are not in their database. So just put one and that's it.
As Central, no check about the QR in MNL but my friend was asked to flash it.

This is why I haven’t dived in pg for 5 years even though I work in Manila. Price per person from Manila round trip is over 9k. Doesn’t seem to be worth it when for the price of a 6k plane ticket and 300php trike ride I can get to almost anywhere in the Philippines in around an hour or two.
Buses are good :)

1. Officially it is still necessary to apply for e travel(apply within 72hrs from arrival) but nobody asked for it at NAIA.
2. Confirmed hotel reservation is still being checked at Balatero ferry terminal.
3. I spent about P1,500.00 for one way public transfer from NAIA T3 to Sabang. US$1.00 = P56.65.
This is the break down:
Taxi from T3 to Buendia Jam terminal: P250.00. Driver did ask for P450.00!! Toll for using Skyway: P35.00
Bus to Batangas: P268.00.
Ferry to Balatero: 600.00, terminal fee is P30.00.
Environmental fee is P120.00
Trike from Balatero to Sabang: 250.00

Hi Centrals, thanks for the detailed price breakdown, I am planning a PG trip in Jan. If one is flying in from HK like you, most of the morning flights land at NAIA between 12 noon-1pm, which makes the timing very tight to catch the Batangas ferry to PG. How do you execute the P1500 plan described above without staying overnight in Manila?

Or is it better to stay 1 night and catch the SiKat bus/ferry the next day, which makes it a P5,300+1 extra day plan (P250 Taxi/P2800 Hotel/P1500 to SiKat/P250 trike to Sabang)?

Hi Centrals, thanks for the detailed price breakdown, I am planning a PG trip in Jan. If one is flying in from HK like you, most of the morning flights land at NAIA between 12 noon-1pm, which makes the timing very tight to catch the Batangas ferry to PG. How do you execute the P1500 plan described above without staying overnight in Manila?
I am afraid there is NO easy option.
1. If you do not mind to give up your precious sleeping time(my way)!!!
Take the last flight ie. 5J 115(22:05) which lands at NAIA at 00:30(following day). Plenty of time to catch the first ferry(06:00). Unfortunately you will be too tire to do anything afterward in PG.
2. Catch any earlier flight and spend the night in Manila.....
3. Catch any earlier flight and spend the night in Batangas. RGR Traveler's Inn is good enough for me.

I am afraid there is NO easy option.
1. If you do not mind to give up your precious sleeping time(my way)!!!
Take the last flight ie. 5J 115(22:05) which lands at NAIA at 00:30(following day). Plenty of time to catch the first ferry(06:00). Unfortunately you will be too tire to do anything afterward in PG.
2. Catch any earlier flight and spend the night in Manila.....
3. Catch any earlier flight and spend the night in Batangas. RGR Traveler's Inn is good enough for me.
Yes, thanks, that's what I thought, no pain no gain.
BTW I just checked and there is an extra CX flight that arrives NAIA at 9.40am, so that could be an additional option. Of course, CX costs more than 5J, PR, but should save 1 days' hotel and allow 1 more diving day in PG. If lucky and no jam, maybe even 1/2 afternoon dives on travelling day!

Yes, thanks, that's what I thought, no pain no gain.
BTW I just checked and there is an extra CX flight that arrives NAIA at 9.40am, so that could be an additional option. Of course, CX costs more than 5J, PR, but should save 1 days' hotel and allow 1 more diving day in PG. If lucky and no jam, maybe even 1/2 afternoon dives on travelling day!
If the flight(CX907) arrives on time then you should be able to catch either 13:00(Island Water) or 14:00( Montengro Fast Craft) to Balatero. One late afternoon dive or a night dive at 18:00 is possible.
However, 5J used to have similar early flight to Manila but from time to time I still had trouble to catch the early afternoon ferry because of late arrival or the road/traffic condition. Luckily there used to be a 18:00 Roro to Balatero so arriving at PG on the same day was never an issue.
Early evening flight out, overnight in Manila and then a early bus(06:00) to Batangas for the 10:00 ferry crossing. Save the CX fare to pay for the hotel. Actually I am considering this option as I have a trip in Dec on 5J113(19:15). Hotel eg. Belmont(HK$450.00)at Newport City is just 5mins walk across the road from T3.

Back
Top Bottom