Eating crow: Santi custom cut suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, looking at the photos, I wonder if I could get my hands to the very bottom of the pocket -- but I'd never need to, anyway; I clip everything off that goes in a pocket, so all I ever have to do is reach the bungies, and be able to stuff something down below the pocket opening, and I can do those things easily.

The pockets are at the right height, so I can reach the bottoms of them

:confused:

Well, it has seemed to me that I could reach the bottoms of the pockets. I have been very happy with the pocket placement, anyway, using them while diving. The photo makes it look like I might not be able to reach the bottoms of them -- I'll have to check that out tomorrow. Things do sit in different places when you are horizontal, after all.

Great review Lynne,

So they are putting the T-zip also in the E-lite suits now? I own a santi e-motion, which came standard with a T-zip already.

You can put your key in the frontpocket and if you adjust the buttons on the key so they face the front of the suit you can even open up your car without having to unzip the suit... just feel for the key-knob and push :)

I've had my E-motion now since last november and have done about 60 dives on it... and I absolutely love the suit.

I would be interested in comparing that Santi to the new 4th element Argonaut that I saw. They are the two "next generation of improvement" lighter weight suits that I would look at if I wasnt in love with my heavy crushed neo suit.

I saw that Argonaut suit at the Long Beach Scuba Show. Looked *really* nice. I was impressed by the lightness. I've never seen a Santi, though.

Well, I went diving today and checked to see if I could get to the bottom of the pockets, and I can with just a little flex to the side.

I still like the SiTech neck ring for easy of changing seals . . . but it seriously impacted my mobility. I can just reach my isolator in Mexico, with very thin undergarments; I can often not reach it at all in Puget Sound. Since the Santi would primarily be for diving at home, I decided not to put the ring in. I wish they would make a smaller one for little people!

I have been researching equipment for our son, who is in the middle of his certification class. That being said, I have found out something that I never imagined. That many divers are a little long in the tooth. I was so happy to see your front picture and your lovely face!

I may just have to sign up and get my certification! I don't think I could walk out into the surf in full uniform, but I could certainly dive off of a boat! I went diving in the Monterey Bay once, may moons ago when I was in college. It was just too cold for me to pursue it. Besides, the horses got impatient being tied up for so long!

You are really never too old to learn . . . diving can be done so that it's not too big a stress on the body. And I discovered my not-so-young body was capable of a lot more than I thought. Take a look at the video from my documentation diver class thread, of me pounding stakes in doubles!

And speaking of which, I had an opportunity to do valve drills in the suit during the class, and found my mobility was excellent, so the cut is very good for a technical diver.

Just wanted to add a post to this -- I'm still delighted with the suit, but I discovered another of the little, thoughtful features yesterday.

I don't think anybody who has suspenders on their suit hasn't had the experience of getting the legs of the suit on, only to find that you have managed to trap the suspenders in the wrong place. This usually involved at the very least some major stretching and yoga-like maneuvers, and at worst, getting out of the legs of the suit to fix the issue. Santi has their suspenders connected by quick disconnect plastic fittings (not mission critical, so I don't mind :) ). You can fix the whole suspender problem in two shakes of a lamb's tail!

BTW, for those who said they thought the suit was too big for me -- I respectfully disagree. Underwater, when I am fully stretched out in Bob Sherwood position, I hit the ends of the suit. I would not want it any shorter. And I wouldn't want it cut any thinner, either, or stuffing my undergarments into the legs would become quite a pain. I think the fit is perfect.

I smiled, and told Jason that he had to understand that I would write what I thought, positive or negative, and no matter what he thought of the review. He smiled back...

Ah, yes. I know that smile well!

:d

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom