Eating crow: Santi custom cut suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been diving it as much as I can get in the water, and the Kevlar knee pads are still stiff as boards :) But I've figured out how to work around them, so it's all good. And I've never been able to grow decent fingernails, anyway.

Great review. I dont have a Santi suit (yet) but I had my other drysuit retrofitted with the Tizip. Perhaps 50-75 dives with the Tizip so far and I am really liking it. Echoing other opinions to make sure you give the zipper a good tug to make sure it's fully closed; It's never happened to me yet but I read the reviews on here and make sure I always check that it's closed.

I can only hope the Tizip lasts as long (or longer..) as a traditional brass YKK zipper

New plastic Tizip in a Santi Dry Suit - YouTube santi has a good video about the qualities of their tizip, also I have seen the commercial divers go to this zipper as well. it lasts better than the metal ones and also costs less to replace.

just got my measurements in for a custom e.lite and looking forward to it.

Regarding the pockets, the top of the flap for the pocket is supposed to touch the bottom of the upper part of the torso and the suspenders should be tight enough so you feel them to do this. And looking at the pictures that appears to be correct.

I know several people made comments that they thought the suit looked too big, but I have to tell you that, diving it for several months now, I would not want it smaller in any dimension. I think it's perfect.

Nice review - thanks for the detailed write-up. It looks like you could fit a small child in those pockets - nice! Nice idea regarding the key pocket....I'm assuming it is waterproof...? Our 2 cars unlock if you have the keys on your person and you just touch the driver door handle.....would be fantastic to be less worried about suit flood with the supplemental pocket.

I would echo your comments about tangled suspenders (certainly done it myself a few times) ...couldn't quite understand what system the Santi suit has, but another thoughtful addition.

As usual, great write up and responses Lynn. "Suit looks too big" comment. I hear this a lot (all brands) with people and drysuits. What I think people forget is that we need full range of motion (should not be limited). For those that embrace advanced Buoyancy, Trim and Propulsion Techniques, we need to be able to get our arms out in front and knees bent to get into position as well as reach our valves with doubles. This position should be comfortable to us. I do encounter a crazy number of people over the course of a year that are diving drysuits that don't fit properly and they don't have full range of motion. This lack of range of motion effects performance in the water. I have the same range of motion in my drysuit as I do when I'm in street clothes. My SANTI E. Motion is used for everything from our local NorthEast diving (all year around) to Caribbean diving (YES I do). I know that I don't have to say this, but once we understand the concept of Drysuit diving, I would rather to suit be a little on the bigger side rather then the smaller.

Nice review - thanks for the detailed write-up. It looks like you could fit a small child in those pockets - nice! Nice idea regarding the key pocket....I'm assuming it is waterproof...? Our 2 cars unlock if you have the keys on your person and you just touch the driver door handle.....would be fantastic to be less worried about suit flood with the supplemental pocket.

I would echo your comments about tangled suspenders (certainly done it myself a few times) ...couldn't quite understand what system the Santi suit has, but another thoughtful addition.

The pockets are great but Chris it's still a drysuit mate and ...

Back
Top Bottom