Economy Dive Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is for 5 2-tank morning dives only. Aldora is not cheap but we are bougie divers, We put our money into quality, valet diving and save on the hotels and airfare whenever possible.
What is a "bougie diver"?

That is for 5 2-tank morning dives only. Aldora is not cheap but we are bougie divers, We put our money into quality, valet diving and save on the hotels and airfare whenever possible.
Cool. If you've not done night dives in Cozumel before I'd say adding 1 or 2 is worth it, whether with Aldora or doing a night shore dive with a dive op like ScubaJuan at Hotel Barracuda ($40/person) or Jungle Divers. On our trip in August we saw lots of cool critters on our night dive with ScubaJuan - in addition to eels, crabs, octopuses and other usual suspects, it was my first time actually seeing squid in Cozumel (we saw a group of 3).

Cool. If you've not done night dives in Cozumel before I'd say adding 1 or 2 is worth it, whether with Aldora or doing a night shore dive with a dive op like ScubaJuan at Hotel Barracuda ($40/person) or Jungle Divers. On our trip in August we saw lots of cool critters on our night dive with ScubaJuan - in addition to eels, crabs, octopuses and other usual suspects, it was my first time actually seeing squid in Cozumel (we saw a group of 3).
We frequently see reef squids while night diving at Blue Angel, but oddly enough we do not often see them on boat night dives out on the reefs.

What is a "bougie diver"?
ggunn, a bougie diver is a lazy diver that likes for someone else to do all the work. Carry the tanks, set up the gear, maybe even take my gear off in the water so I don't have to strain to get back in the boat. A bougie diver likes a nice boat, a fast boat but also big and it must be covered. Also, we like nice snacks like homemade bandana nut bread and the finest of fruits! :giggle:

airbnb. stay inland away from centro. If you can ride a motorcycle in the middle of a circus with people throwing grapefruits at you, rent a scooter to get around. if not, take cabs. its basically $3 from anywhere up around avenida 60 to the marina. eat local, drink from the bottle, and don't do any cocaine.

that about sums it up. I have a great place on ave. 55 that is $24 per night and they have the best sheets and pillows ever.

ggunn, a bougie diver is a lazy diver that likes for someone else to do all the work. Carry the tanks, set up the gear, maybe even take my gear off in the water so I don't have to strain to get back in the boat. A bougie diver likes a nice boat, a fast boat but also big and it must be covered. Also, we like nice snacks like homemade bandana nut bread and the finest of fruits! :giggle:

Aldora is a fine op but you can get all that from a dozen other ops that are less expensive.

Just got back from a 2 week trip to Roatan! I feel like I need more diving! I’m working on a 6 night trip to Cozumel in January. I already got plane tickets for $244 which requires a bag drag but that’s ok! Can you help me build an economy trip? I have Bonaire on the books for 2024 too so I need to be financially responsible! 😂. I was looking at the Barracuda but can’t figure out how to book with them. They haven’t answered my email! Their website is terrible! Any and all suggestions would be appreciated! The option for shore diving is a bonus!
I go to Cozumel 4 times a year. Barracuda is a crappy hotel. I can help you build a nice package for Cozumel. I'm thinking of going in January also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom