"Non-Economy" Dive Trip - What would your best trip look like?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did a 2 month non economy trip last year, private boat, private DM, 2 hotel rooms at the same resort, rented a GF for 40 days plus 76 dives and tips. Its was around $12-13000 including around $2000 in tips for excellent service. Also included 2 hours of massage every day. It was the best vacation of my life, I even had an electronic heated wetsuit for extra comfort. Everything was worth the money.

Did a different vacation to DR for 2 months cost half as much, no diving. That vacation was just ok, I learned that DR sucks. Constant harassment by locals, couldn't relax.

I did a 2 month non economy trip last year, private boat, private DM, 2 hotel rooms at the same resort, rented a GF for 40 days plus 76 dives and tips. Its was around $12-13000 including around $2000 in tips for excellent service. Also included 2 hours of massage every day. It was the best vacation of my life, I even had an electronic heated wetsuit for extra comfort. Everything was worth the money.
You rented a girlfriend for 40 days? I'll bet that wasn't cheap! :D

This is exactly what I thought!

Except I think that’s pretty cheap for “the girlfriend” experience.

Just gonna throw this out there as another idea... If you picked up an extra room and some spots on a boat, I hear that RyanT makes a really good dive buddy. :rofl3:

My immediate response to the question was "stay longer" but in reality we always stay 14 days or so every time we go to Cozumel, and truth be told, by the end of that time I am ready to get back to my life here. I would, however, like to go to Cozumel more than our usual and customary once a year. I would like to amend my response from "stay longer" to "go more often".
Combo #1, go more, stay longer.

I'd simply just dive at night exclusively.

On a global perspective... 1. see some sites in australia, hit palau, raja ampat, then truk lagoon on the way back to the u.s. all with some time between the diving.

Just gonna throw this out there as another idea... If you picked up an extra room and some spots on a boat, I hear that RyanT makes a really good dive buddy. :rofl3:

Come on down!!!

My regular scuba buddy (son) can't make this trip; so I don't have a dive buddy. But I think he might complain if I paid your way, as I told him he was old enough to start paying his own.

Cheaper than buying...

I've been thinking about this since it was posted, and I would want to charter a small-ish boat for say a week or 10 days on Puget Sound. I have enough targets to stay busy and I don't like diving more than once or at the most twice a day.

I want to dive the unknows and doing enough research to line up a number of unknowns, then doing the work to find them and plan the dives, etc is hard from far away.

Back
Top Bottom