Egypt - We Need Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last time i was in Sharm i was an OWD , now with AOWD,EAN i may look into a trip to the thistlegorm.
Dived the Dunraven last time. Was nice but was not really that confortable with the wreck penetration. There were a lot of other divers around,not much space and i was concerned about my buddies air (did not know him but he was a heavy breather). Have a lot more dives under my belt now.
Any info on the Thistlegorm. I have read that generally the 2nd dive is the penetration/hull entry dive.? I would be happy with a few photos of the trains!

Dived with Camel last time and i think it was their policy that everybody does a check/loacl dive on their first day (even dive masters/instructors).
Not too concerned about this as the local dive was ok.

Kevster:
Dived with Camel last time and i think it was their policy that everybody does a check/loacl dive on their first day (even dive masters/instructors).
Wow !! So the instructors who dive with them have to show the DM that they can clear a mask and control their buoyancy ? Seems odd, but each to their own. I remember something about the 'Red Sea Regulations' stating that you need to do a check out dive if your an OW cert, or if you've been out of the water for 6 or 12 months. Think these are sort of unofficial 'rules' - maybe Ras Mohammed park rules. Can someone clarify ?

Last visit to Sharm in Jan 07 , my buddy for the check dive was a dive master/instructor based in Phi Phi Thailand. He must have had 000s of dives, must have dived recently as it was his job. Check was just to ensure weights /equip was ok.

Enjoy .... and i think u will love Dahab ...

TABA...! *snif* (or can we still be happy??)

Because of the horrid "summer" in London, its been impossible to find anything in Dahab... so, I'm really sad. But I did find a trip to TABA (staying at Movenpick). So, please... do send me some uplifting encouraging messages about how nice Taba is too (I think I need it). [I'm SO going to try to go to Dahab later in the year though, and promise a comprehensive report to all you guys that's been so nice and helpful!!!!]

In the meantime: anyone know of a good DC in Taba? Ideally one that can make us a "deal" of one week's diving incl equipment at a reasonable price - and who are nice and considerate of my gf who's a little nervous (OW) and occasionally likes to dive holding hands with the DM *smile*.

Also, is there any way one could combine her and I spending the week diving together, while I also do the Rescue Diver course (maybe my dives against the RD cert could be done in conjunction with her's?).

Again - thank you all for all the advise. You're all really a great set of advisers and 'virtual friends'.

Rikard

scoufr:
In the meantime: anyone know of a good DC in Taba?
Whereabouts is the Movenpick located ? In Taba town or near Taba Heights ?

scoufr:
Also, is there any way one could combine her and I spending the week diving together, while I also do the Rescue Diver course (maybe my dives against the RD cert could be done in conjunction with her's?).
The Rescue course is pretty full on and the instructor will not be able to complete skills with you and hold your GF's hand. You could maybe get in done at Red Sea Waterworld, by diving together, for fun, in the morning, and doing course dives alone with your instructor in the afternoon.

Find what in Dahab??

If u can fly to Taba. U can just drive to Dahab it will be like 2 hour (150KM) drive or so. And I am sure u can manage to find a place to stay in Dahab it's full of hotels
I never make reservation I just go but again i am Egyptian :) so i would not recomand that
But if u still need some help i think Asser will be more then helpful to lend a hand, just drop him a msg...

And by the way Taba is very nice too its a peace of mind
Cheeers

DomaNitrogen:
Find what in Dahab??

Actually, find a flight to take us down to Egypt from the UK! Incredible, but the "summer" here has been so bad that everyone's evacuating thr country... so no flights available! Normally, we would much prefer to book a flight and organise our travel itinerary ourselves, but this time the only thing available was to go on a "package deal" with one of the charter companies.

As for location, I think its closer to the heights: apparently too far north for Sinai divers, but rather close to the Werner Lau centre.

scoufr:
As for location, I think its closer to the heights: apparently too far north for Sinai divers, but rather close to the Werner Lau centre.
I think that's pretty close to Waterworld then - drop 'em an e-mail and see what they say.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom